Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
email study partners anyone ? -
zee - samsam1962

hi, i have been looking for a study partner for a while now...no luck.
wondering if email is the way to go....and keep on track that way
PLEASE let me know if anyone is interested. ...i am in NJ
Olubukunmi Ewedemi - olubukunmiewedemi

Hi,
I saw your mail and i am happy as i am also interested in a study partner and since you are in NJ i think it will be best if we go by email. i am a nigerian and finished medschool august 2001 at U of Ibadan and presently works as an HO in trinidad and tobago. i hope to write both my steps 1 and 2 in december this year and i will be writing it in NC. so how do we go about it and also compare notes? i have a few materials, Kaplan, NMS.

Waiting for your response.
MelbUni - zhuge@mailexcite.com

How do we go about doing it? I am interested in a study partner. Please e-mail me or reply in this forum.
rnx2100 - rnx2100

Hi, I am looking for a dedicated study partner for Step 2. I can stay in touch thru emails....want to discuss sometimes the topics and whats required for the exam. I guess, this will keep me in good track and motivated!!!
zee - samsam1962

Thanks for the response, everyone.
I am preparing for step one, and hope to give it in sept/oct. Is that timeline fitting inwith anyone elses?

I am working primarily with kaplan material, as i did webprep for 2 months, but it got too expensive, so now i am on my own.
i would like to stick with only kaplan stuff, but for path i would like to add on goljan notes, and BRS (fadem i think) for behavioral..and do all the questions from,kaplan, nms, brs etc...anyways thats for later on...and first aid right towards the end when all those dry facts will make more sense.

if we make an email study group we would need to interact at regular intervals, say couple of times a week, and be committed enough to report on our progress( or lack thereof!!)

what do u guys think about creating our own yahoo goup where we could log on once a day, report on our own progress, and see what progress everyone else is making , that would be impetus to keep on track, and provide useful links, share questions, info, etc...ie create an easily usable personalizable study center

lets brainstorm, and get this thing on the road ASAP!!
waiting to hear from you all
Zee
zee

I will be sitting for step 2 in Jan/Feb next year hopefully, which is why i posted this here...as well as in step oone forum
MlebUni

Ha..ha.. So did I. I am sitting for Step two in Nov/Dec '03, and that's why I posted my message here (as well as Step 1 Forum). I think medicos are just a different breed of crowd.
jay - jaynura1@sbcglobal.net

I dont know what you can do. You need to just go to a library and hit the books for 6 hour per day for as long as it takes. Just doing q + a is basically the way to tackle the exam. At least 3000 to 5000 questions before you take the exam. Then before you take it, do a practice simulated exam. What else can be done?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »