Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step-2 before Step-1 -
Noor - babachandu

Need to know if anyone have experience of having Step-2 before step-1.

Thanks,
Noor
Dj

I had that experience. I'd recommend you give step 1 first. A know of MLE based basics helps a lot in step 2.
JC Fuentes - totojc

i did it and I did not feel any difference, you should not care about it just study , that's it
SH

JC Fuentes, do umind telling if you are a new graduate or old.cz I am an old one,started studying for stwp 2 and now I am getting confused cz everyone is advising me to do step1 first.I hate to switch.What is ur input.If it is realy imp to do step1 I can switch.Please reply
drtfasan

Hi, I sat step 2 3 weeks before step 1....some of the content does overlap. My protocol was to study for each on an alternate day basis. I did this because I wanted to get both steps done by April...started studying in January and effectively had ~3-4 months to study. ...and yes I passed both steps.No glorious marks but good enough....above 80 in both steps. I am not a new graduate and I have been in continous practce since 1996.
tb

doing the basics meaing step 1 before step 2 makes more sense....and reading step 2 is easier as u know the basics already...
SH

What are the subject or topics from Step 1 that shud be done while preparing for step 2(before taking step 1)?
alpha

If you have lots of clinical experience, you better take step 2 first.
Dj

I should have elaborated more on my experience. I gave step 2 first as i was more confident about my clinical sciences. I scored 87 on this but the band distribution showed that i had fared borderline in concepts of disease i.e basics. Perhaps i could have scored more if i had done step 1 first.

MLE's are a lot about psyche. You must feel confident when you sit in the exam, without this ure toast. My personal recomendation; give the step about which you feel you can do well, first. The score will boost your morale a lot. I picked up the score very well in step 1 after that.

Good luck
Hedi - hedikhalat

HI.I believe that for those who have graduated a couple of years it would be better to study for step 1 first and then step 2.Mechanisms of disease and pharmacology... reveiwed in step 1 will come in handy for step 2 and after step 1 has been successfully passed step 2 will be a breeze !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »