Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 2 -
Richard

Hi, I posted a message a few weeks back back about my imminent step 2 exam. I have managed to take my kaplan qbank average up to 70% (from 55%) over the last two weeks. I have two weeks left before the big day, which is a week b4 my med school finals. I have read some messages which show people wanting to average 90% before doing the test....is this realistic??!! How well do real scores correlate with the qbank scores?

I remember my superb step 1 score of 75 (just kidding, I know its very poor)- corresponded with a kaplan average of 55% for me before I did the test, so I guess that was a pretty accurate reflection.
Raj

Hello Richard, i personally wouldn't take test till average at least 90%. Kaplan has a reputatioin for being much easier than real test. Up to u though
Melissa

Hey there richard, i don't agree with the last message. Keep going, and you can score highly if you average around 70% on Kaplan. I have friends who 'only' averaged in the mid 50s (percent wise), and scored in their 90s. Don't give up!

Take care & best of luck!
Mel
jay - jaynura1@sbcglobal.net

I have been getting 75% average on the Q-bank and I didnt do as well as I should have. You truly need to get at least in the 80s to feel no dout in your mind.
krk

Hey richard my Q bank average was 71% and my step-1 score is 88
jo

hey richard, part 2 q-bank scores don't correlate well with wat ure going to get in the real thing. I averaged 77% on q-bank and only got an 83% on the real thing. So i would aim for the 80's just to be safe.
Shanghai

People should not get confused. What you get in Qbank is percentage and what you score on the actual exam is percentile. So you might have scored 75% but your USMLE percentile might correspond to 85. So remember that your USMLE score will always be higher.
Al

Unfortunatelly, my Kap q test average scores were around 80%, but Step 2 74, last 72? Where's problem? I'm so slow or what? Not motivated?...hm......
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »