Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interview from places which have no IMGs. - patsy
I have a few int from places which donot take IMGs , maybe one or two rarely. Are these pgms worth spending money on.I really like those pgms but donot have money to spare so I have to choose the once where I have a realistic chance.

What do you guys think? Do pgms offer interviews to IMGs just to prove that they are open to IMGs but in realtiy rank them very low?
who knows? may be u r the one or 2 IMGs that they take for a decade.
GOOOOOOOOOOO !
just my idea , although it's not my pocket!
hi patsy,

I think you should just go for the interview, if you really like the program. You never know, u might rank there. It is a once in a lifetime type thing.......and since u got the interview just check it out, and see what kind of feedback u get from these places.

GL
which r these programmes?
i give you some tips if you are considering to interview in the top hospitals. as you already know, generally these kind of hospitals only include 1-2 img each year, noramlly these imgs have been working in these hospitals already for some times. programs genenerally require these imgs have a PhD in us and they think these candidates have extrodinary ability and skills, very smart, and have excellent publications. LOR have to be very strong and are from top facuty members. do not tell me that your friends xxx,, xxx who have some scores and do not have such a strong background have already been the top hospitals and finished fellowship. i am talking about the creteria used by NOW. if you are very confident person and like competetion, and have some unique things, just go for it and show your quality. otherwise you may just end up as a denominator.
Thanks a lot guys for all your positive input.
Angelboy, I am not a Phd but have some good research experience .As for Lors I have one from my PI , as to how good it is....i think pgms might have considered it before they called me for an interview.
Yes I think I am a confident person...and I thrive in competition!! but then so are almost all of us here on this forums .... the type A professionals !!

Anyways I will go and try my luck ....pray for me guys.Goodluck to all of you ...may we match in our top choice pgms.
Hi patsy, let me tell you my experience: I had an interview in one place, they have never had any IMG's in the history of the program ( I don't know why they invited me ).
All of the residents there are from prestigious med schools. Residents were nice to me to the point they found out that I am IMG, then they lost any interest. I don't think they will rank any IMG, I was there just for statistics.
Hi patsy
well if u think u have got it wat they want then go ahead n give it ur best shot...although i dont have any interviews from such programs coz if there were any then i didt apply to them or they didt consider me for an interview...its ur chance to prove urself..well the place which lokko is mentioning might be one such place out of few places but u can't generalise his opinion for every not so IMG friendly program...first of all I have never heard of programs which would call someone just for statistics..i mean y would they wanna waste their time n money to interview someone they r not gonna rank...think abt it and good luck..consider urself lucky..not many have such an opportunity.
I got one interview like this in a comunity based programs that has as residents only people with very american names ,all of them with ,medical school here in us.
when i saw that i was thinking they invite me to make fun of me,as IMG,dunno...
will see
Thanks a lot lokko, eagle and florin.

Thanks a lot Eagle for encouraging me.
In between did you get a letter from PD at uconn. I got one today in mail.I donot know if its a generic letter to everyone .It talks about ranking them high in the ROL.

Florin I hope they donot call us just to make fun of us.....I do know one that there is a indian resident at that place . Also that she isnt any phd or anything. I have my fingers crossed.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »