Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to prepare for post match? - img11
can anybody please tell me the exact procedure for postmatch, how to contact the universities during the 2 days after match
Are you participating in this match?

I was in scramble last year , and did not get matched.

It was not a pleasent experience.
I can still enlighten you with some of my experiences.
I got the list of the last year unfilled program list.(you can get it from any website or search in google), e-mail them , call them .there is a good chance that they will have empty spot again.if you need visa ask them about that specifically.I practically e-mailed to all the programs, I drafted a common mail and send it to all the programs (use high speed connection and do 2-3 states a day).some programs will ask you to fax your documents earlier ..do that.Make a good list by the end of february that ,these are the programs that you are going to call Ist in the scramble day.
It is going to be a crazy day , my husband and I worked and callled frantically for a day and faxed numerous documents to numerous programs in last scramble.I did not get match , I am participating again this year.
I do hope nobody has to go through it,
But good luck even though when you are in it , I know how deparate the situations are.

I hope this helps , but if you need any more in formations please feel free to ask.
Hi ami 026,

Thanks for ur input. Any idea about these agencies which help u in post match, like fmg america, img residency, etc?
no, forget the agencies - they don't help a bit....

don't get your hopes high for scramble - it is very chaotic process - it's often just matter of luck - also you need to be certified and have no visa issues - even chances are not that good - put all your energy into match process - continue to call programs - ask for interviews...
ami026.

how many interviews did you have last year? and where if u dont mind?
is it necessary to register for NRMP for scramble or it's to get the list of unfilled position.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »