Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme 1 - rizowana
DD...............Acontactile=not contactile+normal size prostate which must preceed by painful
retention.....yealing in casualty in clod night if BPH Wink
41. A 27-year-old primigravid woman at 38 weeks' gestation is admitted in labor. Her pregnancy has been uncomplicated, and a routine prenatal visit 2 days ago showed no abnormalities. On admission, fetal heart tones cannot be heard. Ultrasonography shows little amniotic fluid, fetal edema, and no evidence of a fetal heartbeat. After 1 hour, she delivers a 3175-g (7-lb) stillborn infant; examination of the infant shows no obvious abnormalities except for mild edema. The placenta and membranes appear normal. Which of the following is the most appropriate immediate course of action?

A
) Notify the hospital liability department

B
) Obtain consent for fetal organ donation from the parents

C
) Recommend autopsy of the infant

D
) Tell the mother not to worry since she can get pregnant again

E
) Tell the parents that there is a 1 in 4 chance of recurrence in future pregnancies
should be C to rull out chromosomal anomalies and other potential reasons of death
NORMAL PRENATAL VISIT+VAGINAL DELIVARY
I THINK ...DD ??
why chromo. abn..............2 days visit every thing normal and she is with routine visits if
chrom. abn. should be diagnosed early
@Raheem

for Q 27 I do not know the exact answer since there is no pic, but we can exclude few of the choices
Also for Q 40 it is ALWAYS autopsy
You have to identify a cause of death

thanks
Q 39, there is evidence of compression od cervical spinal cord evidenced by her hyperreflexia and muscle weakness, so I would choose E
I agree with Raheem
D is right esp the post void residual volume is high
oops ....my previous answer was about number 40!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »