Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step 3 and match - favoriteqn
hi all,
by when should we get step 3 result to participate in the match; if we need visa(h1b)
Thanks and best wishes!!
I am in your boat buddy, I think if we have pass results by match day, that should suffice. Although I have seen people give the exam after matching and still getting VISA. It mainly depends on the program and how you can convince them.
@ favoriteqn

Can u please send the usmle world mcqs offline to me? I ran out of my subscription and still have 2 wks to go for the exam.

(sorry for interrupting)

jzbk84
@ednorton
those who dont need visa or got prematch , they dont need step 3 for matching.
but if u need visa, i think u need to copmlete step 3 b4 match day.....though im not sure....

@jzb
i dont hve offline uw....sorry
Having your results ready by early-mid Feb should be fine, though the earlier, the better, because programs would consider your visa requirement in their rank list of the applicants.

Good luck!
If interested in research positions, contact me at matissiti. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long. In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.” Thanks.
There will be score report delay if you take it after mid February, due to new questions. You'll get the results in June.
http://www.usmle.org/announcements/defau...ntentId=85
Yes, if you want to qualify for h1b visa this year......take it before mid february because you will not make it otherwise.
thanks all
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »