Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed CK contd - tulip12
Study material: MTB 2, FA CK, Kaplan notes for Ob/Gyn, and Peds,
UW Qbank twice, NBME form 4 with extended feedback online, NBME 1,2,3 offline, UWSA, ekgs and radiology from online source- have to find address for it, will post it later

Qbank is the key- do it twice, make notes, I did learn so much from it , some new concepts not found anywhere else, always do blocks in timed mode to get used to the time constraints, do it subject wise, IM, peds, psych, surgery, ob/Gyn,
Second time around just do the wrong ones also subject wise, and if you still have time do it third time, mixed mode subject wise,
Have someone quiz you from the notes you made, preferably someone with medical background, in my case it was my husband who has no idea about medicine but he helped me lot,
For example, I had under hematology - hepatic encephalopathy- he would just ask me tell me everything you know about it- basically everything I had on it right there on the paper, he would follow what I was saying, and if I missed anything he would ask me about it the best way he knew, it really helps, it tells you if you really know the subject or you are just able to pick the right answer from the multiple choice options,
This way you are learning medicine for you and your future patients and not only for the exam

I made notes from UW on each subject, like IM - cardio, pulmonology, endocrinology, etc,
Went over all the notes several times right before the exam, The last week before the exam just did questions and kept reviewing notes,

Make sure you are reading questions correctly, like for example what is the next step in management, what is the next step in diagnosis, what is the first step you will do, what is the best step step in diagnosis, what will confirm diagnosis

Don't ever change your answers, your first thought it always the best!!!

Exam is very doable, I mean to pass it, I'm not a 99-er but by no means I'm saying it's not achievable, as you have read on this forum it is quite the opposite, with some hard work you can get it,

So to all the moms and all the struggling parents trying to take care of their families and take this exam - You can do it!!! Being a mom or a dad is much harder than passing this exam, giving birth to a child without epidural - my case - is much harder than passing this exam !

Awesome post...Thanks and Congrats Again! God Bless...
Thanks for your post and Good luck .since you had both MTB and first aid, which one is better?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »