Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feb exam takers join here - drsword
@dreddy, try not to extend your date. Don't even think about extending it. Just know you have a deadline and work as hard as you can towards it. And always take nbmes every couple of weeks to see where you are weak. Do it online b/c you see where you are weak and you get an actual score.
I dont want to extended my date at all! I started DIT so hopefully that will help me out. I just feel like Feb is coming so close and i have so much to do! I just keep forgetting things....
Thank you Dreddy :o)
Please saty positive and do your best. You will be rewarded.
@ reddy how do u feel about DIT
@faith--your welcome! hope it helps you....

@drsword---i am just doing the topics that i haven't gone over yet in FA and then i will start again with the actually course from Day 1. I think Jenkins is good he teaches well and keeps repeating things and highlights the HY stuff.
My dooms day is feb 2nd Sad

I realized around last week that i was doing average on nbmes ( my scores were around 81, 82) because i am shaky on basics. So, i spend 2 days on each organ system pathology from rapid review and only after im done RR chapter on that subject , then i go to FA and read FA of that subject. I do ONE random block per day. I will be done UW round 1 next week ( 10 more blocks left) and then after that i will do about 2-3 blocks of my old quesions ( just going over old tests, essp marked questoins) then will continue with my RR + FA 2 days per subject. I calculated the number of pages i need to do so that i can finish all of this on jan 30th. Im not sure if i will take another nbme, maybe i will take nbme 11 the weekend before my exam.
So to avoid confusion, here is my summary :

1- Rapid review - organ system
2- First aid - for that same organ system

(steps 1 and 2- 2 days per subject. If you have enough time do all of RR, if not, then figure out which path u are bad in acc to ur nbmes/uw and do those chapters only. do it well!!!)

3- UW- 1 block of new q's /day . Until i am done all new q's , then
4- UW go over old already done blocks- 2/day ATLEAST. FOCUS on those that are marked and incorrect. For the rest of correct questions, just read bottom summary and move on

5- NBME weekend before exam date.

Good luck u guys Smile Smile Smile
Also, sorry, forgot to put in, i am doing DIT audio on random for subjects not well covered in detail by Rapid review - pharm, micro, immuno while driving in the car, or doing any chores. IT REALLY HELPS TO hear things over again for example- ILs, endotoxin mechanisms, etc.
@pkul85
thanx for ur detailed study plan .it will helps for all of us >

@drsword---hows ur studying going for today?
@reddy how u devided day schedule
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »