Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need honest opinions please! - sexydoc
My question is how do I assess myself when I previously have done all the NBME's? and I did UW.

I took Step 1 before and failed.....although i did pass 4 NBME's before taking my exam.

So I need ur guidance please....
Right now the only thing I can go off of is usmlerx predicted performance. I have been doing questions with this bank but I do not know how reliable it is since no one really comments on it.

If anyone used USMLErx recently and took step 1 could u please post ur score with the predicted score from usmlerx so I can compare

Please....any suggestions?

nbme
nbme only way sorry

how about uwsa?
honestly guys, you act like she/he doomed for a failure already. Come on, we can do better than that.
In fact I know some people, who were exposed to NBMEs before they knew that those forms are for self-assessment, but they are still studying. I don't think that you can use USMLERx for self-assessment, and at this point you have to really rely on self-judgement. I would strongly recommend to work on each NBME, question after question. And you need to see whether you know the concept well, or you just remember the answer. I have to know the concepts from NBMEs, because they will change the structure of the question, but the concept is the same. ALso, look for explanation why other choices are wrong, what makes them wrong.
The same way is with UW, do questions and see whether you just remember the answer or you just can explain the concepts without reading you. I am not kidding you, I had so many questions on the exam when they really looked familiar, and I could remember concepts from UW.
Also, read FA, you need to feel like you know it, learn as much as possible, I would recommend create some flash cards(something you can't memorize) and read it every day in the morning.
I do believe you are not doomed. But you have to raise the self-comfidence and self-judgement. Just stick to your weak areas(go to Kaplan on really low ones) and Take UW for another month or two.
Best of luck,
L.
thank u lovetest for ur explanation... i appreciate ur concern...i am a she btw..lol

I do not remember answers from nbme's but i completely can digest and understand each one. Same with Uworld questions...

I already did the UWSA as well.

Lovetest, congrats on ur completion of step 1...very proud of u.....could u please tell me about neuroanatomy and molecular and cell bio on ur exam? were there a lot?.....these are my weak areas that i just cant seem to get up...thanks again
Were you doing the NBME online/offline.

Why not try Kaplan now?
islandcrazy,

I cannot do kaplan cuz i have my exam in 3 weeks so right now i am finishing up rx and going over UW

I did my nbme's online
@sexydoc, thank you for your kind wishes. Neuroanatomy, I would suggest to learn MRI from NBMEs, they are similar. I at the end used FA with my notes, and it's the best of my exam's performances. About histo, it's my weakest, I don't know what to suggest, molecular... I didn't have that many questions on my exam. I would really suggest to learn vitamins by heart. Becuase I had several questions on overdoses and deficiencies. Learn it from FA, it's enough.
it seems like you are on the right path now. DO FA and UW every day for the remaining 3 weeks. Every time you'll pick up something new, and it will greatly contribute to your knowledge. I wish you best of luck
@ lovetest

Thanks dear, appreciate ur kindness...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »