Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fighting my case with FSMB with 74/188 fail - jibi
any more advices frnds
HI.I have given my step3 exam on feb 2012 and got result 74/188fail.Before nov 2011 187 is the passing score which is changed to 190.Now i am defending my case by putting these points in front of FSMB

1.I told them to compare my result with those who were declared pass with scores of 187 and 188 in the past.

2.they said me 190 passing score means you fullfil the standards of knowledge required to practice in USA.I told them if 190 is the standard it means those who get 187 and 188 in the past and were declared pass were upto that standard and i am not.

3.I also told them in most part of the world if someone is just short of 1 or 2 points from passing score he or she is given those points in courtesy to pass the exam.

I need advice as to how i can defend my case.Because my scores in other exams were very low and an attempt in step3 is making things impossible for me.........
hey jibi i am in the same boat. email me at drkris_us
Number 3 is a terrible argument.. First of all, why should the US care about standards used in other countries? After all, aren't we trying to make it in the US? I have an uncle who was one point shy on his final high school exam of making it into medical school.. he's now a practicing dentist... and in that country, passing scores typically increase yearly according to national averages.. not everyone can pass.

Good luck passing.. you're so close it will be very easy for you next time around.

My sincere advice, rule is rule and we should follow the rules and regulations. Thanks.
@pmle.....but it means those who passed at 187 are better and those who failed at 188 are not.........
Rule means they changed the criteria at certain time period and have informed to all. As now percentile changed too as before 230 euqals 99 and now its equivalent to 85 or so. Thanks.
@ jibi..yeah..this is getting common..my friend also failed at 189 Sad How we can deal with this situation? any way?
i failed by 5 points.....185/73 ......good luck for ur fight.......plz keep us posted......if possible plz contact me at ritiohri
jibi and all others in this unfortunate situation ,i am really sorry about ur results .. fsmb can argue your case telling that ecfmg had informed everyone about the proposed changes and u had willingly taken the exam ,,im sure u must have accepted some form of agreement before taking the exam that excuses them from such liability ,im not sure though since i have not applied for the test yet...somethin i felt is worth considering ,,, hope u get some relief from this situation soon..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »