Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study plan for Step 3 - SPs welcome - examusmle
Hi,

I am planning to take my step 3 sometime before 1 st week of May.

I guess it usually takes between 6-12 weeks to prepare depending on your background knowledge, CK score and clinical experience. I am already in the middle of my preparation. But you are welcome to share my study plan irrespective of when you are planning to do your exam.

I have made a common plan to suit the majority of us who can spare 6-8 weeks/day for either 5 or 6 days/ week, using the basic study materials as out lined below: (But Please feel free to alter it according to your own convenience/personal circumstance)

Total time 8 weeks: if u study 8 hours/day X 6 days a week = 384 hours
(You can also alter it to either 6 hrs/day X 6 days for 10 weeks OR
5 hrs/ day X 6 days/week for 12 weeks or vice versa)

1. MTB 3 (75 hrs for the first round; 40 hrs for the second round) = 115 hrs
2.UW 84 hrs for the first round; 16 hrs for the second round (only wrong Qs) = 100 hrs
3. UW ccs: 40 hrs for first round; 20 hrs for 2nd round; 15 hrs for 3rd round = 75 hrs
4. You can either purchase Archers PPV (30 hrs) OR
CCS workshop for 12 hrs, (U can use the extra 18 hrs for 2nd round UW CCS)=30 hrs
5. NBME 1 & 2, UWSA each 16 hrs including explanations (16X3) = 48 hrs
6. Any other pending portions/miscellaneous topics = 16 hrs
---------------------
TOTAL = 384 hrs
----------------------

Whoever wish to join please keep posting your progress every weekend.

NOTE: Please DO NOT ask or leave skype IDs. This is purely an online group, just to motivate each other than to discuss individual topics/doubts/

GOOD Luck.

hi examusmle,
thank u soooo much for starting this thread,
will report progress every 3 day n try to focus on the time line as well.
vatsalshruti will b joining us soon.
God bless uSmile
hey...r u the same examusmle from ck forum? thr u had an ossum thread!! how did ur ck go? whr did u match?
i hav just started my prep and would like to join this thread. i hav taken ck last yr(august) and will b joining residency in July, so hav 2.5 months in hand. with ur timeframe i think its quite possible.
hi- I'd love to join the group as well. the plan sounds good. am in.
gl to all
in case my email is : psychresident22
Hi examusmle & grad,
i would love to join u. I've not stated my prep yet, but now will start soon. It's very exciting to be part of your group again.
Good luck to all of us Smile
Hello, I am taking my exam in end of May, I would also like to join!
My progress report so far: (Not Just for this week but also including previous weeks)

-MTB 3 : Finished two rounds
-Archer's PPV: Only the important sections
-Subscribed for CCS workshop tomorrow
-UW: Did few blocks but it was a while ago. So subscribed it again. Aiming to do minimum 2 blocks to maximum 3 blocks/day. (Both topic wise and mixed Q in timed tutor mode.

A quick tips on dividing your time during the initial 2 weeks: : (Assuming you are doing ideally 8 hrs but ATLEAST 6 hrs/day)

-Divide the time as 2/3 and 1/3 for theory (MTB) and CCS practice respectively.
Try to finish MTB 50-60 pages/day, at an average rate of 8-10 pages/hr. (You can then finish by 10 days or maximum 2 weeks)

- For the remaining time either listen to archer's PPV lecture 2hrs/day or do UW CCS atleast 4 cases/day. (i.e. If you are planning to do archer's CCS workshop instead of PPV)

You can start UW CCS subscription right away. But can wait until you finish at least one round of
MTB 3 before you subscribe for UW MCQs.

We can revisit the schedule again depending on the progress made in the first 2 weeks.

See you guys next Friday with my progress update.

Hey Examusmle, Nice to hear from you. I had assumed that you are already done with the exam. And what a coincidence! I'm midway thru my prep as well, but planning to take it end of May. Thank you so much for all the tips. Just had a request. if you are planning to take the exam early May, would you be able to mail back the ethics book by the end of April? Thanks! I'll be around.
And ofcourse a big hello to grad1980! Nice to know WE ARE ALL BACK!!!
Hi examusmle, grad1980,vatsalshruti, lisak, sprout, psych25..
I will be happy to join you guys... Even I am a beginner.. started with MTB 3 and planning to start with uw q bank.. My exam is in mid may..
all the best to everyone.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »