Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacific owls.. - drforget
back again
@radioshack...pushing hard to finish it off...even i got bored posting my schedule as micro everyday...originally my schedule was to finish it off in 10 days(by fri)...hope to meet it...

@drforget .. ya let us study hard...
@usmle.step.....crap the best you can from your first read..take your time well with it...I am doing that as well...Smile...then you can rush with the second read...
how is it goin?/

done with the 1st block explainations ( 2hrs).

HY stuff
EBV : VCA viral capsid antigen besides +ve monospot test

lumbar puncture L4 and L5 = superior aspect of illiac crest

person with parkinsonism and BPH how u treat? bromocriptine or benztropine

bromocriptine as its a D2 agonist, cant use benz as its antimuscuranic and causes urinary retention .

ALS pt how u treat the spasticity? baclofen ( GABA -B agonist)

Goin to have my dinner and start the 2nd block=)
@drforget...ya trying to grasp as much as i can with 1st read....thank you for motivating me...

@radioshack...thanks for the HY....

had dinner... back to studies...
okay I took little break, I finish what I have to finish regarding pharma...now planning for 10-14 pages Goljan patho..should be finished within 1 and half hour max....talk later....
okay..finished my patho..have so much headache..lol..I will take little break with some Mocha coffee, then be back soon planning to do questions......Smile
done with the second block=)
HY stuff

cyanide poisoning= complex 1V cytochrome c oxidase

Hypercalcemia leads to constipation,deprssion. PUD,pancreatitis and short QT interval;

steriods abuse = increase androgens = reduce LH and FAH caz of negative feedback to GnRH .Dec LH =dec testosterone and testicular atropy

Dantrolene blocks SR release of Ca++

taking a break!

@usmle .step= no worries,dude.Its ur first reading so take ur time to understand the concepts and also write HY stuff=) ur doin great!

dr forget.. no HY stuff updates tonite? am gonna make coffee too=)
@radioshak, I will post HY whenever I find a good one Smile)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »