Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme 13 block 3 discussion - sunny30
q 9
54 yr old man has SCC of rt. lung, analysis of germ line DNA shows two alleles m and nat the microsatellite locus Z tightly linked to p 53 gene.similar analysis of neop[lastic cells shows presence of only m alleles. these findings are most likely due to which of the following process?

a.germline mosaicism
b.loss of heterozygosity
c.p53 gene amplification
d.pericentric inversion along p53 n z
e.point mutation of allele n
q 28
q 28
32 year old man has generalized band like headaches for past 6 months . PE n CT of head shows no anomalies .which of the follwoing is most likely diagnostic of hypochondriasis rather than undiffernitated somatoform disorder?
a.disproportionate fear of disease
b.frequent health care visits
c.past h/o unexlained symptoms
d.persistence of symptoms more than 6 months
e.presence of depressive symptoms
q 21
female newborn is born at 34 weeks gestataion in advacned care facility .diagnosis of persistant pulmonary hypertension is made. considering that neonate can be carefully monitered for methemoblinemia, which is most likely appropraite therapy?
a.desflurane
b.hyperbaric oxygen
c.nitrous oxide
d.nitric oxide
e.oxygen diluted with helium
q 33
60 year old man comes to physician bcoz of 2 year h/o shortness of breath on exertion.his 2 siblings had simnilar symtoms.mother died of dilated cardiomyopathy.PE shows JVD and ankle edema n hepatomegaly .inspiratory crackles heard at lung bases.CXR shows cardiomegaly n pulm. congestion. angiogram confirms dilated cardiomyopathy.atrial endocardial biopsy shows abnoramal sarcomeres with paracrystalline inclusion in mitochondria .sequencing of mitochondrial DNA show G to A transition. this results in added AT base pair to 3 end of tRNA, thus shortening C loop. which of following is effect of mutation in mitochondria function?
a. decreased mRNA stability
b.decreased replication
c.decreeased protein synthesis
d.inc. mRNA stability
e.inc. replication
f.inc. protein syn
can anyone tell me the answers
hi anyone????????//
I think the answers seem to be B B B C from top to bottom
Hi!!! q 9 i guess b, but im not sure, i still have doubts; q 28 b; q 21 d = nitric oxide = promote capillary and pulmonary dilation to treat pulmonary hypertension ; q 33 i guess b. Check other nbme 13 discussion!!! Wink
anyone can explain q 33
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »