Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question..............2 - psychmledr
2. A 22-year-old male who belongs to a weekend football league presents in the ER. He was running with the ball when a defender tackled him in the mid-thigh. The patient reports that when he got up, his thigh hurt, so he sat out the rest of the game. When walking to the car, his posterior thigh was extremely painful and swollen. After his shower, he noticed it was becoming discolored with increased swelling. You are concerned about the presence of a hematoma and a disruption of the arterial blood flow to the hamstring muscles. The main blood vessels supplying the posterior thigh are

A. Descending branches of the inferior gluteal artery
B. Perforating branches of the deep femoral artery
C. Perforating branches from the obturator artery
D. Perforating branches of the femoral artery
E. Posterior femoral artery
bb?
"B" is the correct answer Smile

Perforating branches of the deep femoral artery are the principal blood supply to the posterior thigh. The other arteries supply anterior, medial, and gluteal regions of the thigh.

which arteries supply the anterior, medial, and gluteal regions of the thigh?
Hi
Anterior: femoral artery (source: external iliac a.)
Medial: obturator artery (source: internal iliac a.)
Posterior: deep femoral artery (source: femoral a.)
Gluteal: superior gluteal and inferior gluteal arteries (source: internal iliac a.)
thanks!
heyguys,
pl tell where to do anat from?? everyone says do only uw, but then there r so many topics that arent covered in uworld... pl tell me
@hd12: you are welcome Smile

@aru: I used Kaplan. In my opinion, Kaplan has more than enough in the way of basics and clinical application.
And do as many Qs as you can. GL.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »