Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
October exam takers gather here................... - drfuture
@maah
thanks a lot for reading and advising ., i ll try this way ,..
thanks grazie for giving us the pearls out of ur experience thank you
No one studying today ?

c'mon friends, lets motivate each other.
doing UW after done reviewing NBME 2

could not do in october but finally did it though alhamdullah

My Step2 Experience:
First I never thought Step2 would be that difficult. though it is easier than Step1

BUT DOABLE

I slept at 10 o’clock because I woke up at 5 the night before it. Then I woke up at 6 in the morning of the exam alhamdullah had a good night sleep. Had a warm bath prepared my scheduling permit, email confirmation and passport and arrived there at 7:30 I was the first to arrive in the center there were no body in the whole center even security did not arrive yet loool

The exam was at 9 but as soon as the prometric guys came I asked if I could start earlier and they allowed my to start at 8:20. But before I went to the Bath room emptied all my reservoirs to avoid any interruption during the exam and prepared for the Duhhr pray so that in the break I just need time for praying. I got in sat on my share (don’t write ur candidate ID until u r ready to start exam. U will have ear plugs, headphones and a paper and a marker test them all. In step 1 my marker made me lose 2 questions.

As I have done the FRED V2 tutorial sample 150 Qs. I skipped the tutorial after checking my headphones. So I added 15 minutes to the total 45 minutes break So I had 60 minutes break to use in 8 breaks. Started the first block was very slow It toke me 20 Qs to acclimatize and feel comfortable Qs were mixed of all subject and mixed of all difficulty levels. Anyway did the first 2 blocks ( 44 Qs each) then toke a 5 minute break,
3rd block (42) ---- 5 min break----4th block( 45) ---- 10 min break for pray---5th block (45) ----7 min break----6th block(45) ---13 min break---7th block(44)---15min break ---8th block(28) FREEDOM

I barely finished questions in time could not review any! However this was also the case in NBME and UWSA so guess my problem.

During breaks I had small bites of chocolate and an apple plus small sips of water, There was a bazar in the center So I enjoyed it in the breaks beautiful cultural handmade home utensils and confetes helped me relive stress of exam in the breaks.
About the Questions like UW but vague answers the Qs really need clear concepts in ur mind guidelines and criteria for Dx and intervention is a must in this exam had 4 ECGs one of then I did not know. 2 murmurs pediatric and adult. Only two derma pictures. I did not answer most of the drug add and abstract questions because of time issues I barely finished the block and two question I answered without reading them.

The first 5 blocks are much harder than the the last 3 blocks.

UW is a must for the exam don’t waste ur time in anything else at least until u master it. Then after u learn it by heart go to MTB 2 and 3. They were only helpful in 2 or 3 questions I did not feel they were crucial. Saw no nada yolk any question from Kaplan Q bank so waste of time. Also need and good control of English.

Do a lot of questions. I had around 10 Step1 concept questions.
Preventive medicine ohh a lot oh my god a lot. 2 were very vague but the others were just a quest of memorizing guidelines.

During the exam u will feel exhausted, not going in the right way, stressed, tired SO remember they want to test u on that too so stay kempt and don’t give up.
UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW UW
thanks for sharing ...wish all the best for the result
hi drfuture..congrats on finishing

can you please share your last month experience

also your NBME and UW percentage 1st and 2nd time please

thanks
you will do great..
Thanks drfuture !

Wish u a great score.
I have # Qs.

People say that they couldn't skip the Tutorial, why is that. Can u guide me how to skip ?

How about biostats, I have exam in 2days, never paid attention to it. What to do about that?

What to read in last 2days... so overwhelming , don't know what to do?

Thanks guys wish u all good luck too

There are several reasons for not watching the tutorial in your exam day including: 15 minutes of reading and concentrating in a thing that you could watch the day before the exam by downloading the Fred V2 software of the 150 Qs sample test which is 100 per cent the same. Additionally you need to save all your energy for the real thing. However, you need to check your headphones during the tutorial which will take you 15 seconds. Finally when you do that; you will have added that 15 minutes to the 45 minutes allowed brake. So now you will have 60 minutes of break instead of 45 which for made a big difference in comparison to what happened to me in Step1 where I did not know about that and my breaks where really tight. So you should be happy you learned it in the easy way loool.

My UW percentage first time was off line around 67 to 72 percent I guess
In the 2nd round online one was 77 to 82 per cent cuz I had many omitted questions by mistake. So I would say it was around 80 percent.

inshalah u will all pass with good score pray for me
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »