Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there any one who matched ,>5 yrs YOG - hanadi99
is there any body who matched with >5 yrs YOG,plz reply ,ASAP.for motivation sake.
Many have made it in with grad dates way back. But you have to have a great story and stellar scores
Of course yes. Especially if you have no gaps in your CV.
Even if you are YOG
You don't need stellar scores either.
Although it is difficult to say, as an estimation:
**An old grad with 220+ scores, all first attempt, visa needed, should get into FM somewhere.
***An old grad with 210+ scores, all first attempt, no visa needed, should get into IM or FM somewhere.
(To justify being an old grad: prior residency, PhD, MPH, good journal publications, research, doing observership .. etc help a lot)
@mathild " PhD, MPH, good journal publications, research".. getting those are no stroll in the park either
@aamc:
Yes but I wanted to mention:
An old grad who was busy doing something (Prior residency, PhD) is much better than an old grad with CV gaps.
CV gaps need to be justified by good reasons. Home country clinical experience is not a good reason for a gap.
Yes, I have been a witness of this occurring as I myself went through it.
Graduated>5 years(8 to be exact), pursued a home residency, PhD, had decent scores(step 1=230,Step 2=238 and CS 1st attempt), had a total of 16 months of research in US at top institutions.
I struggled through residency initially to publish but not as much as I did in the US(that made me notable). In total I had 9 publications and 14 posters.
In few days I am graduating internship year and ready to pursue my dream residency.

Bottomline:Keep knocking on their doors.You will make it.

God bless!!
Is working as a certified tumor registrar any worth in usce?
overcome yog with usce, scores, connexions!
I matched this year, YOG is 2006
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »