Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally...ECFMG Certified - hilard
Hi all, I was a silent member of this forum and i passed by step 2 ck after lot of struggle with the steps which i started in 2007 with CS. CS in one attempt, step 1 in 2nd attempt, step 2 in 3rd attempt. I never gave up and i knew that one day i would be off this hurdle. I was working and i took my off from work for last 10 days before my final attempt for CK. Im a 5+ year since graduation and i know that the residency roadmap would be tough for me because of my multiple attempts and the current situation of residency match in USA.
But i would never say never, i would try my luck with the only advantage of having a good clinical practice in my home country and with one or two LORs from USA.

My only advice is that this exam is doable, provided that ur disciplined and hardworking . Im a hardworking person, but maybe was not disciplined, maybe because me being a family man. It all depends on ur performance on the day of the exam, though luck is equally imp. And i strongly believe that there is always a time for everything, no matter how hard u try.

My prep material:
Kaplan videos
Usmle world q bank for step 2 CK
MTB 3...( Didnt have mtb 2)
A few Kaptest questions offline
All NBME's except 1

Good luck for exam prep
hi congrates on getting ecfmg certified
hi i am 2006 graduate i failed step 1 and cs ,for the last 4yrs i am studying step 2,but didnt attempt ,can u pls help me how to face this hurdle ,i studied usmle world 2times,mtb 2 5 times
yesterday i ahve done my nbme and got 190 score ,i m depressed ,can u pls help me to pass the exam waiting for ur reply
Hi congrates!!
Do you have nbme offline
my email is bita19r
Thank you.
are you a US citizen? will it help you to get the residency?

Hi Hilard congrates
Do you have Usmle world q bank for step 2 CK, Kaptest questions offline and NBME.
my email is sayagyi75 or skype ID sayagyi75
Thank you.
Anwar--No, im not a USA Citizen and i need visa if i have to match.
Bur---rusmle---, i dont have usmleworld offline....and neither nbme's sorry about that. Its always better to do online timed mode so that u can manage time in the actual exam.
During my exam, i missed 2 questions in 2nd block, 3 questions in 4th block and i was also short of time in every block which made me click the answers in the end without going thru the whole question at times, though my questions were not very lengthy.
Remember, fast reading a question and extracting what they want u to answer is very imp and it comes only if u do questions multiple times in timed mode.
Congrats, all the best for the visa n match!

Hang in there! if it helps, I took it and failed it too...I got a 187..so imagine the anger and disappointment I went thru when i first got the news :/. Anyway, I took out my anger by going to the park, taking walks, talking to people that really cared about me, mostly my family (of course), and they told me that I could sooo do it again, no worries and to NOT listen to the negatives...which a lot of mean selfish people out there do for a living (maybe..lol). I mean all they say is "give up!, residency programs will not accept you if you failed the first time, yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah" WRONG A'HOLES! Lol. Just remember that they (most hospitals) actually need you, regardless if you failed the first time. They want more doctors. If you look at most residency programs which I did, some of them say, "requires you to pass the step1 at least the second or third time" So I do not know where these selfish A'Holes are getting their info from. Failing step1 is not really a big deal...I mean once you are done with it the second time hopefully, try to hold a research position or volunteer somewhere to show that you really want this despite the fact you failed it the first time.

So be strong and listen up, get rid of that feeling as fast as possible...lol, and review this stuff all over again, just remember you ALMOST passed....all you need to do is add on! that's all you need "ADD ONs" well and grasping to the material that you probably missed while studying for it the first time.

This is what I did: I used my network from Caribe friends (windsor- 85% failure rate!) and found those that got 230s on 2nd attempt. using references I found a certified personal tutor (BBB) that got me through (cost $11k though! CALL 641 715 3900 EXT 833768 six four one seven one five thirty nine hundred ext eight three three seven six eight FOR THEIR 24 hr- INFO LINE). Pm me if you MUST pass as this is the best way for you.

Again think about it...you ALMOST passed...so that means you have a potential to get way more than passing the next time around,
anway! THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU! I am positive you will pass the next time!

p.s. soorrry that my words all over the place. But hope you get my point here.

congrats.............can u pls send nbme offline
pathlovedog
thanks
I (U WINDSOR) finally passed-here’s how… Hang in there! if it helps, I took it and f

Hang in there! if it helps, I took it and failed it too...I got a 187..so imagine the anger and disappointment I went thru when i first got the news :/. Anyway, I took out my anger by going to the park, taking walks, talking to people that really cared about me, mostly my family (of course), and they told me that I could sooo do it again, no worries and to NOT listen to the negatives...which a lot of mean selfish people out there do for a living (maybe..lol). I mean all they say is "give up!, residency programs will not accept you if you failed the first time, yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah" WRONG A'HOLES! Lol. Just remember that they (most hospitals) actually need you, regardless if you failed the first time. They want more doctors. If you look at most residency programs which I did, some of them say, "requires you to pass the step1 at least the second or third time" So I do not know where these selfish A'Holes are getting their info from. Failing step1 is not really a big deal...I mean once you are done with it the second time hopefully, try to hold a research position or volunteer somewhere to show that you really want this despite the fact you failed it the first time.

So be strong and listen up, get rid of that feeling as fast as possible...lol, and review this stuff all over again, just remember you ALMOST passed....all you need to do is add on! that's all you need "ADD ONs" well and grasping to the material that you probably missed while studying for it the first time.

This is what I did: I used my network from Caribe friends (windsor- 85% failure rate!) and found those that got 230s on 2nd attempt. using references I found a certified personal online tutor (BBB) that got me through (cost $11k though! CALL six four one seven one five thirty nine hundred ext eight three three seven six eight FOR THEIR 24 hr- INFO LINE). Contact them urgently- if you MUST pas, as this is likely the best way for you as well...

Again think about it...you ALMOST passed...so that means you have a potential to get way more than passing the next time around,
anway! THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU! I am positive you will pass the next time!

p.s. soorrry that my words all over the place. But hope you get my point here
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »