Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is PEARLS?? IN 4TH ed fa? - usmlefear
i DON'T HAVE 4TH ED BUT I JUST SAW THIS SOMEWHERE, CAN SOMEONE PLS TELL ME WHAT ARE THEY REFERRING TO? AND IF IN CASE ANYONE HAS THE FOURTH EDITION IS THAT FOR THE NEW FORMAT?? IF IT IS CAN SOMEONE PLS EMAIL ME AT USMLEFEAR@YAHOO.COM..
It's a mnemonic reminding you to try to always respond to the patient's emotions because it must be a patient-centered interview.
" PEARLS" ( Partnership, Empathy, Apology, Respect, Legitimization, and Support )
Partnership : work together with ur patient to identify the main concerns ( let's deal with this together, ...or we can do this...use these type of sentence )
Empathy: acknowledge and show understanding of the patient's feelings (that sounds hard,...you look upset...)
Apology: take personal responsibility when it is appropriate to do so ( I'm sorry I was late,...or even I'm sorry this happened to you)
Respect: value the patient's choices, behaviors, and decisions ( you have obviously worked hard on this...)
Legitimization : validates and shows understanding for the patient's feelings and choices ( Anyone would be confused or sad or upset by this situation )
Support: should be continually offered to the patient ( I'll be here when you need me...)

More or less what they said about it...
thank you a whole bunch regi for typing so much information here, it totally helped at least im aware of that now.....i appreciate it Smile and good luck with your exam too
thanks....
add skype david.lerner11
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »