Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed 211/80 - mark231
Thanks God/Allah. All credits go to him. This is my 3rd attempt. Second time failed with 185/74. Also thanks to all forum members especially Sami, Myshyd and others who I can't remember their ID at this time. Mostly I was a silent observer.

My main message here..NEVER GIVE UP. If I can do it, so can you. If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask me. I will be busy next 2 days. But I will try to answer whenever I can.

Mark
Mark--congratulations !!!
Plz,--guide me in CCS
I m Really scared that I will fail in CCS & THAT IS Y --I AM NOT GIVING THE EXAM
I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO ??
My email
mohd_majid60640
Thanks
Congratulations,
I have an exam in 1wk, I am so scared, please guide me.

Johnabrahem111
Congrats...U r done with all steps!!! MashAllah

I HAVE FEW QUESTION
1. what books u used for studying
wht mcq source u used
wht were ur score in nbme , uwsa,usmle cd,
did u do mksap

u may email me at uzma_syeda
thank you so much
Apologize for the delayed response. Thank you all.

@mohd_majid: Don't think that you will do bad in CCS. Actually, CCS is the lucky part that will pull you off even if you do average in MCQ. I did UW CCS, First aid cases, Archer CCS and forum discussion cases. Out of my 12 cases, only one was from UW cases (USMLE question makers know what cases are in UW, First Aid or any other sources). But by the grace of Almighty, I figured out all the cases. All the patient improved symptomatically. I think it happened because I repeatedly practiced the cases . This time I gave same importance to CCS as I did for MCQ. Follow the Archer's advice. Don't just order unnecessary invasive tests, don't advance time unless you are sure what's going on. If you can't do anything, your patient will complain he is still having pain or blah, blah, blah. I can't discuss my cases. But I'm sure if you practice those materials you will figure out if you have at least some US clinical experience. By the way, also give importance to your weakest part in MCQ.

@kawasaki: Its easy to be scared especially in step3. But be confident. God will help you if you help yourself. Only you know how much sacrifice you are making for this last exam. When I started exam on first day, after few questions I thought I am gonna fail again. But I recovered and thought I am not gonna let this happen this time. Second day is much better because of small questions and CCS. You will fine. Good luck.

@sdrzv11: I used UW mcq, Kaplan mcq, Archer notes with audio, Jason Family Practice Book.
I did not take NBME, UWSA or did not study MKSAP. USMLE CD score was around 65-70%. I think this time it made difference because I thoroughly studied family practice book. Last time I failed with one score (74) and I had low performance in office setting, average performance in inpatient and emergency setting. This time every section was above average. UW is must but Kaplan MCQ will also help you especially on second day. Archer Cardiology and Endocrinology is also helpful. Good luck and pray for me to Allah.
mark,

what do you mean Kaplan qbank helped the second day? Can you be more specific? Do you agree that the knowledge you learned from studying MCQ will help you in the CCS ? How many percentage of the questions in the real test is long? Thank you.
congratulations, Did you also do full Archer theory lectures or did you just do Archer CCS?
thank you
@jupitor: Second day consists of 4 blocks of MCQs which are very small in length and straight forward. Kaplan Qbank also covers mostly small questions with few long questions (unlike UW). Second day, most of the questions asked directly what the diagnosis, treatment or risk factor is. There were very few confusion between two choices. If you know this, you can answer. You don't have to look for hidden clues to answer the questions (unlike first day where you are challenged with long questions and hidden clues).
Of course I agree that MCQ helps CCS and vice versa.
In first day, every block has at least 3-4 very long (just to kill your time), and 5-7 long questions. But you would be compensated by 5-7 short questions. So, answer those short questions very quickly to accumulate time for the long questions. Last thing..practice UW, Kaplan Qbank in real test mode, not tutorial mode. Good luck.

@bajoba:thanks. I did both Archer theory audio lectures and CCS. Those materials paid off. But don't just rely on one source of materials for step3 which I did mistake previously. Good luck.
thank you for answering mark231. I am also doing Archer + MTB + UW and planning on adding kaplan q book
Thank you for your advices...U will do great ...InshAllah...if you dont mind plz post your email address as from now on, I think you wont come on this forum again :-) so i was wondering if i need to ask you any question later on, i could email u..plz email me at uzma_syeda
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »