Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clincical contacts - lookingformatch
can some one please advise how to make a clinical contacts within the programs particularly if some one is out of the country
what is a clinical contact? Your question is not clear.
that is what I am wondering that many post says that making clinical contacts with program directors and resident or program coordinator is key to get IV and residency......

so just wondering that if some one is living out of the country how he or she will make a clinical connections with in the program
You establish contact by CONTACTING people. It is difficult to do that over distance. These people need to know who you really are and what you're capable of before they would even consider to offer you something.

Why IMGs are looking for contacts, the easy way out. Do what you have to do and keep your hopes high. This is how LIFE in general works.
Hi,

We have research positions available in different states and in different (sub)specialties which include cardiology, endocrinology, pulmonary, surgery, sleep medicine, and neurology. The states include PA, NY, IL, MI, MD and TX at this point. The majority of the positions are in universities, and some of them are in universities that are among the top 10 in the U.S. You can contact us for details.
If you're looking for a different state or (sub)specialty, we can help too. We just need you to be specific and help us understand what you’re looking for.

If interested, contact us at usresearchexp. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long.
In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.”

We can provide a list of references if you would like.

Thank you.
@hato:

thanks for writting,
I am already doing too much stuff, In Canada, I am neurology fellow, full time student in Master (neurosciences), Counselor with mentally handicaps, 2-3 years clinical assistant in neurology. principal investigator in traumatic brain injury and restraint and seclusion
I am ECFMG and LMCC certified

so these things are not problem

problem is my

YOG: 2002
Step 1: 85 (1 st)
step CK 76 (2 attempt)
CS pass but second attempt

I want to over come these negative aspect of my application.....

any advice for any one

do I have any hope or not
Your CV is great. You know, USMLEs are not the only aspect of your application. You do have a decent chance and you should fight for a position this year. By fight, I mean try hard Smile
I honestly believe you do have a great chance. I hope you'd have real strong LORs. These should compensate for your USMLE scores Smile

Best wishes!
Hi,

We have research positions available in different states and in different (sub)specialties which include cardiology, endocrinology, pulmonary, surgery, sleep medicine, and neurology. The states include PA, NY, IL, MI, MD and TX at this point. The majority of the positions are in universities, and some of them are in universities that are among the top 10 in the U.S. You can contact us for details.
If you're looking for a different state or (sub)specialty, we can help too. We just need you to be specific and help us understand what you’re looking for.

If interested, contact us at usresearchexp. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long.
In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.”

We can provide a list of references if you would like.

Thank you.
Oh, and if you have deficiency in medical knowledge, try to compensate for that. For example, either do a transitional year in medicine first, which is needed anyway - I am assuming you're interested in neurology again? This can fix your medical gap if you have one. If you don't, then make sure your LORs do stress on your medical knowledge and patient care, because your USMLEs MIGHT raise such a concern Smile

It's not that dark, is it? Smile
Btw, you can try to arrange for doing an externship in the US through your program. You'll be working as an extern fellow in the US. It can be a part of your electives if you want - like an away rotation. Just find out if your program can allow it, then see which programs in the US can take you. The rest is sorting out the financial issues and just some paperwork and visa nonsense Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »