Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
letter writer portal query - hopeful2013
i have sent a request to the Letter writer thru LWP(letter writer portal)
Do i have to send the letter request form too.

the LETTER writer is well conversed/efficient with using computers.and he said he is going to write a letter for me during the rotattion that ended in june and would be happy to do so.

do you think they wont mind having to register for aamc..etc for registering to write the letter...
should i send then an email that the request has been made and they can now write and upload the letter...

or just send them the paper forms to be sent to ERAS...I cannot afford to miss these letters as these the only us lors that i will have..

sincere comments please
they don't need to register for aamc if u r an IMG
@ hopeful2013 How did you send a request to the letter writer thru LWP.
@zarina..

i sent the request thru oasis/eras supporting documents tab in oasis..you have to finalize the writer name in eras first and then you can send the request thru oasis using ears supporting documents tab...

@dr_mazeltof
i am an img and do my us lor writers have to register for writing the letter..i am so confused..they want to write the letter ..but i am just worried if they would take the pain to register and then write the letter and upload in PDF Etc or should i in addition to the electronic request send them a document submission form ,lor request form too..just for back up for paper/hard copy Letter of recommendation...i think somebody who is the chief and director can be able to upload the letter electronically..what do you guys suggest..
these are the only us LORS i will have...other 2 physicians were able to upload it but they were very young/recent attendings...i am praying that they can do the same..
*eras supporting documents tab..excuse the typo error in the above message
I am facing a similar problem. I also want my american attending to write me an LOR using the portal. I dont want to confuse him though with all the info even though he is quite familiar with computers. I dont know if the letter request I send to him thru OASIS will contain the explanations on the procedure or do I need to go step by step and explain it to him in person?

Hi guys,
Why don't you just give him/her the letter request form & DSF & let him/ her send them all by mail from his/her institute to ERAS?
thats what i am thinking, but it will take 4-6 wks for scanning i guess, they told the same when i called too.. thats what i am worried..
letter request form we get from my eras right?
i'm facing very similar problem...

i sent them personal email for LORs and then finalised their names in MY ERAs , got lor request forms and emailed to them (Which has instructions on how to go about the LOR upload)

then i went to ECFMG-eras support services page from where i sent them ELECTRONIC LOR REQUEst...which apparently is sent by ecfmg on behalf of us mentioning all the steps required to upload the LOR

THIs whole process is so confusing..i'm scared they might not do it or delay the whole process thinking it's very tedious...

i dont wanna do normal postal correspondence...it's so slow :-(
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »