Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
took the test today! :) - malik1223
wow u r done with exam.. what a great relief !!!

how many biostst qs did u get in exam other than drug ad qs?? and how were they, i mean level of difficulty??

Good luck..
Congrats a lot and thank u for sharing yr experience , my test is on aug and my uw so far 67 % still 40% left . What du u think I should do cos my aim is 260s . Thank u and good luck
hey malik1223 thanks alot for the info u shared and GL for the result
i wana say abt video n audio tapes and how many murmurs you got to identify
pathophysiology is something that is really woorying me cz i m taking ck before step 1
any suggestions regarding this
come on man reply in small paragraphs
Dear malik1223, 1st I am so happy for you!

Do you think Biostat UW is enough to answer non-calculation questions.

Thanks in advance.
so sorry for the late reply guys..

@ mmusmle: HIGHLIGHTING was my best strategy in the test... highllighted the abnormal labs, everything that i thought was important, and then got back to them quickly after reading the answers to pick my choice! its really helpful
i took nbme 4 around 6 days before test, uwsa 4 days before test.
i used to write UW notes on kaplan itself, felt it was more effecient that ending up with a UW notebook filled with scattered information here and there.. but it all depends on how u feel.. what is best for you, might not be for me!
no need to get back to step1 pathophys.. they just test the general principles of pathos phys! as long as you are doing ok with UW IM qs, u should be fine..
had around 4 EKG's, simple stuff..one of them was tricky..
4 murmurs, easy when correlating it with the clinical scenario..
didnt have time to do mtb for IM.. peds: i didn neonatology dvd's, along with mtb3.. thats all, no kaplan! Confused, i felt that you really can answer most of peds qs based no neonatology chapters, plus IM information!
again guys, dont stress a lot of pathophys.. if you are doing ok with IM UW, you should be fine, cuz there are lots of pathophys in IM UW...
the videos in surg/obgyn/psych helped a lot! i did them twice! concentrated on them more than the actual notes, and it really made it easier for me to answer their qs in the test.. esp the surgery.. the guy in them really teaches you a very good way to approach surgery qs, es trauma ones...

biostats was ok, UW+kaplan is more than enough! drug ads qs are unpredictable though! dont stress about them tho, do the UW ones, and pray to god that you will get something similar to them..Smile)
thank u very much
was of great help for us
wish u a very good scores
thank you so muchSmile)
Plz from where can I get surgery videos ?
Thanks..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »