Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
which is better for step2cs c3nyorkaplan - drhopee
which course better for step2 cs C3NY course or Kaplan course

C3NY course is $995 for 3 days

Kaplan is $2799 for 5 days

your input will be appreciated
thanks in advance
No question...C3NY wins hands down. 1) it's cheaper than Kaplan, 2) C3NY is taught by Dr. Swartz who is a world expert in clinical skills (he wrote the textbook) and the CS exam, 3) it's in small groups so all questions are answered. 4) Dr. Swartz does all the teaching with the help of Miss Anna nd the SPs on Day 3. 5) you get immediate feedback from the SPs, Miss Anna, Dr. Swartz and the other IMGs in the group which is a big advantage and difference from Kaplan. THe group forms like a good family and in fact I have been in touch with 4 friends who I made in September when I took the workshops. We all learned we passed in the past 3 days. GL in your prep.
amazing.
I took Schwartz prep in 2005, 3 days. Cost $625.

After reading the prices listed above, I just had to check for myself.
Looked at their website, $$995. A $370 increase in 7 months!!!!

I thought the course was wonderful and an invaluable asset.
I seriously DO NOT believe I would have been able to pass on first attempt without the course.
However, I Don't know if I would feel the same at the new higher price. It was a great value at $625.
When I took the course in Septermber the fee was $850. I think that the first few months at the $625 price may have been an introductory price when Swartz started the workshops.

In any event, they are still well worth it at the $995 price. I wouldn't give it a second thought if I were to take the exam now. I agree with TPOED that I also would not have passed without it. It helped me such a great deal for the exam and for my future as an MD in the USA.
On this forum, not many people have a lot of good things to say about Kaplan live courses, not mentioning about costs. I know people with 99/99 failed CS on Pt encounter after Kaplan 5 day course. Perhaps, Kaplan courses help with communications.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »