Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oasis does work..freinds - craveforsuccess
hi..
today i recieved my mail..showing my failed result...so oasis does work...u know i failed in ice..only in data gathering..and had passed in the other 2 and patient note..damn it..

i was worried coz..i guessed it..coz i talk fast normally and so after asking pamhugs foss..fast and all relevant history..i did fast quick phys.exaqm including p/a,r/s.,cvs in all and additional cns in related cases....and i always was out atleast 5 minutes earlier..and u know i did ask 3 times atleast to the patient ..is there any thing u are worried about or wanna tell me..i washed hands..i tied gowns for all the patient..yeh but had nothing to councel much coz all the pat.denied h/o smoke or drink...

SO HOW CAN I IMPROVE..INCL. TALK SLOW..WHICH IS AN INBORN DEFECT AND NEEDS LOTS OF WORKING..MAY BE CAUSED PATIENT TO THINK I'M IN A KIND OF HURRY..BUT IF I TALK SLOW I LOOSE THE FLOW OF TALK AND KIND OF FORGET WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT..

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ADVICE..THANKS
hi craveforsuccess
ive read ur posts n want to tell u that dont let this exam get the better of you. i know its easy to say this fr ppl who hav passed..but believe me, we are doctors,n we already hav accomplished a LOT.
i especially thot of replying to this post. coz ive been told by so many ppl tht i talk too fast, n i shud slow down in the exam. but i couldnt.i ws so worried, especially coz im an img n had doubts abt the acent thing.
i passed ,by gods grace.
i think u shud utilise the time given fully, slow down in the physical examn(if not in history taking)..let the pt feel tht u hav done a thorough examn n given them all ur time.

i hope this helps
gl n tc
dear crave
show ur sympathy, interest & give attention to patient. If u forecast on your pamhusfoss and try to finish in time, doesn't listen carefully what they said, the Sp feel like u come & do as Ur duty to pass exam and doesn't behave well as a Dr so ice can't be passed.
That's my suggestion. I guess u r male Dr & from Europe. I have friends like ur type and same failure.
gl
Hi craveforsuccess,
I am sorry to hear about your result but dont let this exam results bring you down. I know its easier said than done. I would suggest that you spend a30-40 minutes just on thinking about all those 11-12 cases and your performance on each ,try to pick all the small/big mistakes and write them down on the back of your notes so that you have those for later reference. This is very subjective exam ,people over their are trained to judge you in 13-14 minutes in every attribute and they go by their lists ,the time you spend outside after case writing patient note they are inside grading you for the whole experience.
If you rushed in most of the cases ,i think that left the impression on them of you not so caring , try to think again about the history part and physical examination part and remember did you ask everything and did you do systemic examination including general examination, think if you have missed anything since you spent 5 minutes less than required time, i am just trying to say that if you can remember what you missed then you are accepting those little mistakes and it will be very easy for you to pass next time since you know where (if anywhere) you are lacking or what went wrong. I am not trying to be rude here if i sound please forgive me.
I read most of your posts and i was shocked by your results , my email address is mattmaster00 , if you want to mail or ask me anything.
Good luck and take care
craveforsuccess,
Sorry to hear your news. I think talking too fast was not your problem at all because you passed CIS and SEP. You should work on data gathering. Leaving SPs early should be avoided based on UW. 15 minutes is not even enough for you to get a very good data gathering, but if you use it properly you can pass. As you said you left SPs about 5 minutes before time was up, this clearly shows that you did not do enough history and/or PE. Practise these areas very hard to use the 15 minutes well and you should pass next round. GL!
thanks..dr_pm,docdesi,ericz..

may b u all are right..but being an immig.i was so much conscious,and nervous with the thing hearing every time everywhere that u dont get enough time 15 min are nothin..may b so i did everything hurridly...also i wanna ask 1 thing..u ask pamhugsfoss..that is ok but patient examination we have to save time and b fast..coz i heard that sp doesnt know very much about deatilaed exam manuver..and so with explaination u have to be really fast?isnt it?
thanks buddy..thanks a lot for the insight..

hey nycnew..your both assumptions are wrong..all the best...gl..thanks
I was in the same boat as yours the last time I took the exam. Failed in ICE and that too in data gathering. This time I cleared. So do not despair.
My suggestion:
1. You know your stuff but you are rushing thru things. If you finish with 5mts to spare then you are going too fast. You are not giving adequate time to the patient to respond to your questions and the patient may think that you are not listening, in attentive etc etc.
2. You need to pace yourself and go slow and allow the patient enough time to respond. Make the patient feel that you are giving the due attention.
3. On every case there is something to counsel or talk. if nothing then talk in detail what DD you have in mind, what r your expectations etc etc. This can easily take up 5 mts and create trust between u and patients. Remember each encounter should be treated as real. Also check USMLEWORLD. It has lot of information on communication with patients.
hope this helps and be the force of god be with you the next time around
sch
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »