Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats everyone reading for... - calmer
i've been asking alot of my friends who have taken step 1 already and they say that kaplan and first aid are their sources. i freak out too when i see that most of their are a lot of questions in molecular bio and immuno.

thanks goldglory for your input.

i'm still on my first reading. next week i'll start my 2nd. i hope to take the exam in the last week of may. i'm waiting for ecfmg to send me the orange form so i can schedule my exam date.

good luck to us all.
Hey doc mishel, shigella....when r u going to start questions...
I am the type who wants to be completely up on my theory before hitting the q but lots of people here r saying to start q straight away....r u going to do whole 2nd read before q or have you already started q.
@Calmer
Lets just keep on studying without these distractors. I'm sure we are going to be lucky enough to get an Exam , we think is REAL easy. And get a great score .
Your prep is great. You're intelligent and smart. You're going to make it big. ( Hehe, see this will buck you up) Studying Extra Immuno and Mol. is going to be no big deal at all. This is the only extra reading you're going to do. Read it as a novel Smile

@doc-mishel
Actually, the reason why these subjects are being more frequently tested is the emphasis on research .These are the basic subjects that can trigger new ideas and lead to new discoveries. So, we should be happy about it Smile Lets just read through them real well and who knows, you might be the most popular doctor at a time.....
So how are you scheduling your 2nd read?

Good luck to both
Well, I want to know the theory through and through before starting the questions. But since I'm going to do my 2nd read from tomorrow, I'm going to start Q-bank , doing it everyday (relevent qs only) Because, I guess thats the way to go about it.
But there are 99 ways of getting 99 Smile So you can do whatever you feel like. BUT do a LOAD of qs in the end.
hi guys! i have started to do the questions already. after i finish a subject, when i am on my next subject, i did questions for the subject i just finished. i would do them an for an hour in the morning before i start my day or before going to bed. i use the questions as a learning tool instead of a gauge of what i know. it's just there are so many question, i want to go through all of them but i don't think i can go through all of them if i started 2 to 3 weeks before my exam. besides sometimes there are material in the questions that were not fully covered in kaplan.

i'm going to do an assessment exam before i do my second reading just to assess which subjects i need to emphasize in. i have 3 more subjects to go over before my 2nd reading. this is my first day for pharma. after this micro/immuno and lastly patho. i did patho last because after kaplan, i want to listen to glojan.

good luck guys! study well today!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »