Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DoctaM3's Step 3 Prep & Strategy - doctam3
bachalap:

- try an assessment exam .. either nbme 2, nbme 3 or uw's test
doctam3.....

my exam next month, i am doing uworld second time.... average 71%,
i went through uworld ccs cases also....
which nbme is best? I dont know about knowmedge....
Is kaplan qbank worth doing now?
Thanks a lot Doctam3
I am doing UW in timed,topic wise..
As you said I will do it mixed mode the next revision.
yes,will take nbme and se where I am
Thanks for your suggestions ...
I feel like I am lost as many of my friends matched this year..with this post I feel like I am alive.Thanks again Smile
az123

- i found nbme 3 to be most accurate and close approximation to my actual score and nbme 2 most difficult.

- if you require more questions for practice, kaplan qbank is def. a good source!
@doctam3

Thank you for awesome info. Was wondering on two things:

Have a low CK score so do you advice reading UW CK notes?

And second, do you recommend doing Archer cases 1st (say a handful) to get an idea then hit UW? Plan to do what you did and start prep in April for September month before match process.
if you think you made awesome notes for CK .. doesnt hurt to review them... then again if your notes were the problem for your low score, avoid it.

yep...archer 1st followed by uw

fyi: if you take your test in start of sept..you wont get your score back before october and by the time you get it back and certified by ERAS .. and THEN you apply? .. it'll be way too late.. instead aim for taking the test start of august or middle of august at latest to have scores in and finalized in ERAS before ERAS opens for application submission.
@doctam3

Thank you for the help. I think I should have clarified would you recommend Archer cases before handling UW questions (not the cases)? Or just hit UW questions 1st?
I would do archer first .. then implement his teachings into uworld cases. I found solving UW cases to be easier after going through Archer's recommendations, tips and tricks for ccs.
@doctam3

Which one is good or more beneficial? And as discount promo is going on until end of March for Kaplan and knowmedge, like to use it if needed to buy anything.

1]Kaplan online for step 3
2]knowmedge
3]MedQuest

thanks
1) never took any of kaplan's live prep courses after step 1 so can't comment on step 3 course.

2) just tried it and its pretty fantastic.. the layout is simple yet very effective

3) if reading MTB Step 3 is ineffective or takes too long.. do the medquest course.. its essentially a video review of the book with added expansions on the topics covered in the book.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »