Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DoctaM3's Step 3 Prep & Strategy - doctam3
@imgasian -- based off what you stated, you may very well get borderline pass on the ccs with score bar remaining in the middle. Because you did 8 cases correctly, thats more than half the ccs portion, and missing two steps on the pyelo case (while they were important), they may hinder your score a bit, but not enough to fail the pyelo case. I assume (and that's all that is) that you'll score average on your ccs.
@jsd :

Q1) mtb hy videos aren't a must .. however they are recommended AFTER you finish reading mtb s3 at least once .. the videos expand on the material presented in the book.

Q2) the PR notes do fill the gaps that mtb misses on .. however the PR notes dont provide a foundation of learning concepts .. you should know them before going over the PR notes. I fancied the PR notes because they are laid out in a bullet style format and that's the format I find myself learning best from.
Many thanks.
I will email
Hi Doctam3
thanks for your post. its very useful.
by the way, where to get premier review notes? and how big is it?
Does anyone have any comments about using Jason's Family practice book for step 3?
Is it useful or just overkill?
Some people swear by it but if any has used it please reply
Thanks
havent heard of jason's fm book that much albeit .. if you're really lacking in fm after exhausting all other resources, at that point i'd prob. use it.
Join OUR 8 week ONLINE Monday to Friday 6:30 PM to 10:30 PM Step 3 $10.00/Student/Hr Evening Sessions!!! Call us at 8034935573. ..to ENROLL TODAY.

Pulmonary System starts Monday February 10th 2014.
doctam3 many thanks again.
Roughly how many questions can you get done per day, when doing the UW MCQ questions or Kaplan MCQ questions?
I am trying to plan the next month.
I did 3-4 blocks / 48 q each / day

Hi doctam3

How long does is taking (in days) to get through the Premier Review notes?
I need to fine tune my revision plans.

MTB3 is taking some time and longer than expected. I can only realistically get through 30 pages per day at present while working. Thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »