Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DoctaM3's Step 3 Prep & Strategy - doctam3
np, anytime!
residency12 - how are you progessing?

DoctaM3 - any further pearls?

MTB Videos are really good apart from those done by Dr August. I am really struggling with her lectures and unfortunately she is just reading through the slides. She does not explain any concepts or theories. I am not sure whether to stop now and switch to Archer instead, start the Premier review notes or do First Aid.

To understand and learn the MTB3 book you have to go over it many times and understand the theory being the notes made in the book.

Should I stop reading and start some MCQs?

Any advisable next steps?

Motivation required guys...Thanks
Yea I was not a fan when we decided on Dr. August to cover peds .. a couple of us vetted out her presentation style and weren't a fan of it .. but in the end, it wasnt up to us .. although we definitely filled out the suggestion box to the top before the final edit took place Smile

Shouldn't stop all the mtb vids bc of one presenter (although if the rest are equally bad for you) then definitely.. but then again if you already paid for it, why let the subscription go to waste?

If the MTB book isn't making sense on your own.. read it alongside the mtb videos or after each section covered in the video and it becomes easier once the presenters (besides dr. august) cover the section.

you should've already started questions.. there's no right time to start them .. should start them from day 1 of prep .. the more you do the better and you'll find yourself near your test dates that all the questions you did, still wont be enough and wish you had more time to do more.

Thanks for the great advice.

Fisher and Sonpal are both amazing!!! The book makes much more sense after the lectures.

I think I have probably made a mistake by not starting questions yet. Start with UW or Kaplan Qbank or Qbook?

The only good think about Dr August is that she is definitely pleasing to the eye but presentation style is awful with many mistakes.
for question .. just dive in (no pun intended) .. any source really .. at the end of the day, the more you do, the better off you are.

if you plan on learning from questions like using that as a major source instead of reading a book, def. go with uworld bc you can use that as such. kaplan qbank is also in that running

qbooks however, are sources for additional questions...when you want to do more just to practice your timing and strategies on questions.
dr.doctam and forum members,
need some guidance, ..IS IT WORTH GOING OVER EVERYTHING in the 88$ ppv course ..or can we selectively go over the most recent files.
Thank you in advance.
worth going over everything

dont take shortcuts with your prep .. you'll regret it massively !
Thanks again very useful and practical advice!
sorry I need to clarify ..on Archer's website it says 2013 tapes+2 tapes of 2012 +1 high yield 2011 tapes as bonus..Is it necessary to go over all of them ..since it could be time consuming considering that I plan to do uw ccs after that.
It would be helpful to know if its a must to go over all of them and cannot compromise to miss anything.
Thanks again ,as always for helpful advise!

if you're writing "cannot compromise on anything" .. you yourself have answered your own querry!

==================================================

whats your timeline for prep study247? how much of it is left over?

archers 88$ option has 36hrs of videos (most likely the 2013 files) .. add on 2-3 hrs for 2012 files .. add on 2 hrs for 2011 lecture (best guess) and you're looking at 41 - 42 hrs at max .. break that up into 5-6 hrs per day of review and you're looking at a week of continuous archer video review.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »