Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed CS!! - docd
@imagine FA itself gives you some DDs and all of those are very much possible and listed from most likely to less likely.
Yes those DDs do fit and may explain patients complaints so FA gives those options.
CS exam tries to simulate real life situation that you don't see patient with symptoms that matches 100% to book so just practice from FA and pass.

Although I do understand your point and it's based on books as it says MI with chest pain and there are a lots of painless MIs. So why bother pondering over those details rather than practicing FA and do well on exam.

Read my thread carefully and learn from it most of those people who asked questions passed CS and hope you will be one of them as well!!! good luck.
Oh, I see. So eventhough his sx doesn't match 100% with the textbook, those DDX choices from FA do fit and may explain pati's c/c,, therefore we need to study FA,,, and pass the cs !!

Right ? all right,, thank you DOCD. and thank GOD to meet u on this forum. *__^
Congrats!!!!! Looks like you put good deal of effort to make it.

Need your advise. I just took Step 1 and in between of what should I do next in order to participate in 2016-match. I heard that the cut-off date for CS is in November. Is it true? Should I begin working on CS or CK.
It's hard question because there are many variables I can't measure here.
You can take either CS or CK or both right next to each other. I don't think sequence matters unless you have specific reason for that.
About cut off date you may wanna check ecfmg website to get reliable information.
In my opinion taking CK first would profoundly help with CS although it's not must. I had to take CS before CK due to scheduling difficulties. Keep in mind that CS is hard to schedule that you may wanna secure exam date in advance. CK takes time depending on what score you want and your baseline knowledge.
I suggest you to write down things you wanna do and time you have, based on those you can plan your actions. Good luck.
@tutta I forgot to mention that you should also consider time for score reporting since it's 2 months in case of CS. CK reporting will be after 24th September for CK in case you take it after 31st July. So CS makes you wait two month and there will be delay in CK reporting as well if it's taken after 31 st of July.
I have been busy lately and have not visited this fourm. If anyone has any questions ask I'm back and ready to answer. Good luck to you all.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »