Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed Alhamdulillah..! - 99wish
207.... Ooooold img... Step 2 in 2010...

@ DOCTAM3... Thanks for ur support and guidance...! It was really helpful...
Congrats !
How was your experience, prep ? Any assessments.
Good luck for your future endeavors.
Congrats 99wish! I'm an old IMG myself and took my CK back in 2010 as well. As hunkytonk asked, how was the prep? Did you follow Doctam3's model? Thanks.
Congrats.
congrats!!!
please share your experience as hunkytonk mentioned!!...especially on the assessments you used for the prep.
Congrats ..
Can you please share your experience....
So here is an outline for my preparation/my experience:
As said previously I took the CK 4 years ago, so had to start from scratch.

STUDY TIME:
Studied 3 to 4 hours after work, for almost 4 months.  Took time off for the last 20 days before the exam.  Was also blessed with a baby boy just two weeks before my exam, so had to take time off from study for a couple of days.

MATERIALS USED:
MTB – revised this 5 times.  If I was not able to understand something, my best reference was google and Wikipedia and added notes to MTB.
Uworld mcqs –
1st time – topic wise, tutor mode, overall 64%
2nd time – both topic wise and mix, timed mode, scores were between 70% and 80%
Uworld ccs cases – did this twice

ASSESSMENTS:
UWSA – did a week before exam.  Got 196 score and was scared to death.  Postponing the exam was not an option, so had to go for it.  At that time DOCTAM3 was very helpful and supported me, which was very helpful.  Thanks doctam3

EXAM DAY 1:
I was short of time in almost all blocks.  Had to guess at least 4 mcqs in each block due to time restraints.

EXAM DAY 2:
Mcq blocks were comparatively easier than day 1.  Out of 12 CCS cases 3 did not improve and the case ended.
70% of MCQs were straight forward.  Others were difficult and there were a few I had no clue what they are asking.  UWorld concepts were tested heavily.

BOTTOM LINE:
Do MTB as many times as possible.  Practice, practice and practice in time mode to increase your reading speed.  Be confident on the day of exam, its tiring and difficult.

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST OF LUCK.

QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME
Same scenario except for I'm still to take step3. Gives me courage. Eliotness can u tell when ur exam is so we can prepare together?
Superb!!
Did you also have a baby through this prep?
Are you a super excited father or mother?
CONGRATS mashAllah =)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »