Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IRREGULAR BEHAVIOUR in USMLE..outcome? - at2012
At this point when I was just celebrating getting matched, I was emailed by NBME that I had posted some Step 2 CS case scenarios in usmle forum last year and I am getting accused of irregular behaivour in Usmle..I dont know how could I be so foolish..My intentions were not to tell the cases but I wanted to point out my mistakes that I did in the exam. And then I totally forgot about that post.

which is a better way to deal with this situation as the committee will review may case and take action on june 11th. Is it better to hire a lawyer? should going there in person be better? most importantly Is it possible that I can get away without getting punished? Depressed
wow.. how did they even find out? shocking
I feel bad for you, just pray for the best. Hopefully, they are not too harsh on a student with no bad intention.
This is a FAKE post.

Dude/Gal how were they able to tack the post back to you? Can you shed some light on that?

It is important as when you sign up for this website, your real name is not even asked.

Anyhow, If this is the case. Your best bet would be to tell the truth and apologize.

Good Luck !
Lots of make-up stories out there!!!!!
This proves that you guys are as foolish as I was back then..well good luck..and btw NBME isnt going to tell everyone publicly who all they tracked..I should have stayed away from forums ..I was always truthful and this is what costed me..my career is at stake but I did learn my lesson..I dont even know how I can delete my account from this forum..I seriously want to
And yet, instead on focusing on your defense until the situation is resolved, you are here giving them your "guilty plea" on the same crime scene. Something is fishy here. But 2 things:
1- If it is true, I am really sorry for you and will pray for the best.
2- If it is not true, then I will ask you to tell your friends at NBME that we have received their warning and will not post any of their materials here.

Just my take.
I think hes telling the truth. don't be too harsh on him. I searched his id up. yep. :I
@at2102: being truthful is one thing, discussing cases on a public forum is another when you have been clearly warned that it is a violation. Get a lawyer to represent you, make that investment to protect your future.
Don't take this lightly at all. LAWYER UP, do not go there by yourself.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »