Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question..........................2 - psychmledr
A 42-year-old man comes to the ER with the chief complaint that "the men are following me." He also complains of hearing a voice telling him to hurt others. He tells the examiner that the news anchorman gives him special messages about the state of the world every night through the TV. Which of the following psychiatric findings best describes this last belief of this patient?

A. Grandiose delusion
B. Illusion
C. Loose association
D. Idea of reference
E. Clouding of consciousness
A. thanks
DD
ThanksSmile
Agree D s right. My bad
"D" is right.....idea of reference Smile

You are welcome Smile
An idea of reference is the belief that an object, event, or person in one’s environment (commonly the television or radio) has particular personal significance.

A. A delusion is a fixed, false belief, and a grandiose delusion has a theme that attributes special powers or talents to the delusional person.

B. An illusion is the misperception or misinterpretation of real external sensory stimuli.

C. A loose association describes a disturbance in the continuity of thought in which ideas expressed do not seem to be logically related.

E. Clouding of consciousness refers to an overall reduced awareness of the surrounding environment.
Thank you...
thanks. psychmledr...can u pls explain little easy way...I can not understand why answer is not A...
Thanks! Good question!
You all are welcome Smile

@trymybest250:
Grandiose delusions (A) refer to a belief that the person has overly unusual (inflated) power, worth, fame, knowledge, etc. Or that he/she is related/affiliated to someone who has those qualities.
Hope this explains it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »