Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme form 2 b1 2/2 - grazie
22 d ( the diagnosis of htn requires elevated blood pressure on 2 separate occassions )
22.DD
Ans by NBME feedback

22> D) Recheck her blood pressure in 1 week

It needs more than 1 measurement of BP within a 1-2 weeks space to stablish the Dx of Hypertension. Then we give the pt a chance for lifestyle modifications (3-6m) before we start medical therapy. 1st Line Tx: > HCTZ > ACEI/ARB

Thank you faithfullyhopeful Smile
I appreciate the extra seconds of explanation Wink

A 15-year-old high school sophomore comes to the office because of fever, chills, joint pain, and malaise. Today she developed pain and swelling over both wrists and her left ankle, and painless skin lesions over her right hand and left palm. She has not had cough, rhinorrhea, vomiting, or diarrhea. Medical history is unremarkable and she takes no prescription medications. Vital signs are temperature 39.2°C (102.6°F), pulse 98/min, respirations 28/min, and blood pressure 110/68 mm Hg. Physical examination discloses tender swelling over the right wrist and left ankle. There are several 5-mm pustular lesions on the left palm and a hemorrhagic 8-mm macule on the dorsum of her right hand. Specific additional history should be obtained regarding which of the following?

A) Family history of collagen vascular disease
B) Sexual history
C) Tick bites
D) Travel outside the USA
E) Use of alternative medications
I don't have the right answer by nbme.
Could it be B?
@grazie ! great thread!! thank you.

23 C ( rocky mountain spotted fever ? )
yes ...B
EE? i think stevens johnsons?
pl help,i am not sure, i missread the qs.

but do we get pustular lesions in RMSF...??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »