Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme f2 b2 - grazie
The questions you posted have been discussed already in my previous thread, those are qs from NBME Form 2 block 1
@grazie
r u going to review all NBME2?
If so, OK. Q's I did post from different blocks of nbme2.
OK
This thread is for Block 2. I took the nbme form 2 with feedback
Please let's continue with the sequence? Sad

>>
Yes, I want to be sure I reviewed ALL questions from these exams. I remember questions on my step 2 ck came similar, not the same, but it helped me a lot to review the questions and mostly the topics touched on these exams.

SO, THIS IS FORM 2 BLOCK 2
please continue grazie.
pls continue
q15 - BB; i think
EE wrong by nbme feedback
Guidelines for phototherapy

risk factors that include isoimmune hemolytic disease, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency, asphyxia, lethargy, temperature instability, sepsis, acidosis, or albumin 12 mg/dL (205 micromol/L)

•48 hours of age: >15 mg/dL (257 micromol/L)

•72 hours of age: >18 mg/dL (308 micromol/L)

Infants in this category who have TB levels 2 to 3 mg/dL (34 to 51 micromol/L) below the recommended levels may be treated with fiberoptic or conventional phototherapy at home.

●For infants at medium risk (≥38 weeks GA with risk factors or 35 to 37 6/7 weeks gestation without risk factors), phototherapy is started at the following TB values.

•24 hours of age: >10 mg/dL (171 micromol/L)

•48 hours of age: >13 mg/dL (222 micromol/L)

•72 hours of age: >15 mg/dL (257 micromol/L)

The threshold for intervention may be lowered for infants closer to 35 weeks GA and raised for those closer to 37 6/7 weeks GA.

●For infants at high risk (35 to 37 6/7 weeks GA with risk factors), phototherapy is initiated at the following TB values.

•24 hours of age: >8 mg/dL (137 micromol/L)

•48 hours of age: >11 mg/dL (188 micromol/L)

•72 hours of age: >13.5 mg/dL (231 micromol/L)

Graph:
http://gyazo.com/01bbd3b44232e051f6d4efa40efe8642
Sorry guys Sad tomorrow is my daughter's 1st day of kindergarten and I had to go shopping for uniforms, so I came exhausted after whole day sopping. But this is life Wink and we better offer our best smile Smile

I will continue tomorrow and will drink lots of red bull to go 3x speed :/ I am really behind. I hope to see u guys around Smile
Nighty night *-* ZZZZZZZ
A 60-year-old white woman is admitted to the hospital because of weakness, anemia, and melanotic stools for the past 2 days. She has not had any dyspepsia or heartburn and has been in otherwise good health. She is single and is no longer sexually active, but she says that she did have bisexual relationships when she was in her 20s. She rarely drinks alcoholic beverages because she was told in the past that she has hepatitis. Today she is 168 cm(5 ft 6 in) tall and weighs 62 kg (136 lb); BMI is 22 kg/m2. Vital signs are temperature 37.4°C (99.4°F), pulse 88/min, respirations 16/min, and blood pressure 112/70 mm Hg. Results of initial laboratory studies are shown:

Serum Blood
ALT 120 U/L Hematocrit 28%
AST 56 U/L Hemoglobin 9.2 g/dL
Urea nitrogen 30 mg/dL WBC 4000/mm3 
Creatinine 0.7 mg/dL MCV 102 μm3
K+ 5.2 mEq/L Platelet count 112,000/mm3
Proteins Prothrombin time 16 seconds
Total 6.0 g/dL INR 1.6
Albumin 3.2 g/dL

Emergency esophagogastroscopy is done and shows esophageal varices with a small leak from one of the vessels. Endoscopic ligation is done and the patient's condition stabilizes. In determining this patient's long-term prognosis, it is most appropriate to evaluate which of the following factors?

A) Coinfection with Helicobacter pylori

B) Degree of cirrhosis and portal hypertension

C) Hepatitis C viral load

D) Improvement of clotting factors with treatment

E) Response to β-blocking medications and aldosterone antagonist

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »