Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 1 exam feedback - ellyk
hi guys. Just got home from day one. it was HARD!!!
First of all there was an abstract to read with 3 associated questions i every sections. 2 sections were in-patient/ER but the rest were all office based.
about 1/3 of the whole exam was on kids with different rashes. I identified a rheumatic fever and mononucleosis and a few other stuff.

EVERY elderly case had poor air entry with distant heart sounds wheeze and a murmur. THERE WERE LOADS OF murmurs! Only one case needed you to listen, then rest describe the murmur.
The questions were very very long. I only had around 5 min to spare in each section.

In addition unlike the NMBE they were in the emergency scenarios and would for example say
67 year old with COPD in respiratory distress etc etc...and they would say "in addition to oxygen, what would be the next appropriate treatment to initiate"

i found in NBME they forget about ABC and so its hard to answer the question.

I am very disheartened. kind of feel like I didn't know study all that time because i guessed most things.

Now to do some last minute reading for CCS
I just finished exams 4 days ago and like you said the 1st day was very hard. The second day was waaay better so continue to study don't give up. My ccs was also good, so make sure you do well tomorrow to make up for today. All the best, cheers.
Thanks beauty beast. I am so tired! but i am now worried about CCS> fingers crossed.

OH AND KNOW YOUR VITMAIN DEFICIENCIES> I got all the different B deficiencies AND Vit E deficiency and muddled them up completely!!
thanks for the feedback, good luck tomorrow.
thanks for the feed back...was the questions similar to uw or kaplan??
and good luck for tomorrow..will pray for you!!
Dr ellyk

Thank you dear for you nice Feedback. I am sure you will do good tomorrow. Don't forget to take interval history & monitoring. Thx
thanks for the feedback ellyk. Appreciate it very much
OH AND Each section had one question from step 1. Things like which pathway is interrupted in coag def of this disease etc.

The questions were similar to UW but much longer and each patient had many things wrong with them. tones of cardiology
Really informative feedback. Thanks a lot. Good luck on Day 2!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »