Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discuss NBME F3 B1 - grazie
Kat,

Grazie is doing an amazing job posting all the NBME questions with answers and explanations.

Be patient and she will get to your questions too as she is posting the questions in a specific order so that she covers all of them.
q20
Pic
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/G...b0a82a.png

q25
Pic
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/G...5d5956.png

I took the "at your own pace" because I wanted to copy all questions and review those topics Smile So when I say Block 1, is ALL BLOCK 1 Wink
Sorry again for posting my questions!! I didn't think u had all of them just ur incorrect whoops

19)e NBME correct
20) D ??
21) C
22) A
23) C
24) B NBME correct!! INgunial hernias in child should be operated at the next available date for the parents according to MSB
25) C ?
Don't worry girls, I will do this faster than form 2 Smile
Now I gotta go and grab some lunch, mami is calling me Wink
BRB in 30min
Have a good lunch
I guess it was too good Wink
An 88-year-old widower is brought to the office by his 61-year-old daughter for a periodic health evaluation. He is a retired machinist. He lives with his daughter and her family. The patient has a history of dementia and he has been your patient for the past 15 years. During the visit the daughter tells you that her father is having increasing difficulty with his basic activities of daily living. He needs assistance with bathing and dressing. He has difficulty transferring, has problems toileting, and frequently is incontinent. Recently he has become suspicious and paranoid of family members. He still can walk and feed himself independently. On Mini-Mental State Examination, he has difficulty with recall, concentration, language skills, and orientation; his total score is 13/30. The patient has a valid directive to physicians and had previously assigned a power of attorney for health care to his daughter. Which of the following is the most appropriate question to the daughter regarding long-term planning for this patient?

A) "Did you care for your mother before she passed away?"
B) "Does your father have long-term care insurance?"
C) "Do you know the contents of your father's will?"
D) "Have there been any changes in his medication regimen lately?"
E) "What support systems are available to you to assist with your father's needs?"
q19)

Ans: E) "What support systems are available to you to assist with your father's needs?"
nbme cert!

In the final stages of Dementia there will be complete loss of independence and ability to cope. Urine Incontinence is usual. Double incontinence may occur, the list is long. The person in charge and the family need all the support and medical sources to cope with this devastating task Sad
A 63-year-old white woman comes to the office because of a worsening cough during the past 2 months that has become productive of white sputum during the past week. She says, "It started off as an irritating dry cough that would occur randomly and unexpectedly throughout the day. Last week, I started coughing up whitish phlegm, and now during the past few days it has contained flecks of blood." She has not had fever, chills, sweats, or shortness of breath. She has never smoked cigarettes and does not drink alcoholic beverages. Medical history is remarkable for hypertension treated with hydrochlorothiazide and hypothyroidism treated with levothyroxine. She is 162 cm (5 ft 4 in) tall and weighs 60 kg (132 lb); BMI is 23 kg/m2. Vital signs are temperature 37.1°C (98.8°F), pulse 68/min, respirations 16/min, and blood pressure 122/78 mm Hg. Examination of the sinuses, nares, tympanic membranes, and throat shows no abnormalities. Neck is supple without thyromegaly. Breath sounds are decreased at the right mid-lung field. Chest x-rays are shown. Which of the following is the best indication for antibiotic therapy in this patient?

A) Chest x-ray findings
B) Enlarged lymph node
C) History of sweats
D) White sputum production with blood flecks
E) No antibiotic therapy is indicated
If you are solving this nbme with me pleeeease add me to your skype for fast questions and doubts Smile
my skype is: graziedoc

Thank you!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »