Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discuss NBME F3 B1 - grazie
D!! Nsaids!!
q11

Ans: E) Meperidine
can anyone confirm by nbme?

A 28-year-old woman who is 16 weeks pregnant with her first pregnancy returns to the office for a prenatal visit. This is a planned pregnancy. She is not married and is in a stable relationship with the father of the baby. Pap smear obtained at her first visit 2 weeks ago shows high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (HGSIL). In discussing her Pap smear results, she says she has chosen to terminate the pregnancy so that a full evaluation of her cervix can be done immediately, and that she is considering hysterectomy. Which of the following is the best response to this patient?

A) "How do your boyfriend and family feel about your decision?"
B) "I thought you wanted to have a child."
C) "It is very unlikely that you currently have cancer."
D) "Tell me more about your concerns."
E) "There is no indication for you to terminate your pregnancy."
q12)

Ans: D
nbme cert!
A 40-year-old Latina woman who has been your patient for 10 years comes to the office for a periodic health evaluation. She says, "Doctor, I just can't seem to sleep at night. I work all day and I'm tired, but I just can't sleep. And the heat. I want to put on the air conditioning when everyone else is complaining how cold it is." She says her menstrual periods have become irregular. Vital signs are shown:

Today 1 Year ago
Pulse 110/min 80/min
Respirations 14/min 14/min
Blood pressure 130/86 mm Hg 110/70 mm Hg
Weight 54 kg (120 lb) 59 kg (130 lb)

She is 165 cm (5 ft 5 in) tall and her BMI today is 20 kg/m2. Her appearance is unchanged from last year. Physical examination, including pelvic examination, is normal. The appropriate studies confirm the suspected diagnosis. This patient is at increased risk for which of the following?

A) Osteoporosis
B) Ovarian cancer
C) Premature menopause
D) Thyroid cancer
E) Uterine cancer
I can't confirm number 11! But I did some research and it just sounds like a spinal muscle sprain. ALEXA? hehe

13. Is A I had correct
Actually I lied to you I got number 11 correct its D couldn't find it on my in corrects!
I got question 11 wrong.

Opioids are drugs of choice to treat the acute pain crises. Otherwise we can use NSAIDs to treat mild-moderate pain.
Whenever you finish your set can review these please Smile

1.55 year old woman who has just joined your health plan comes to the office for her periodic health evaluation. She is postmenopausal and she has had screening mammo yearly for the past 5 years. The mammo done last week shows a solitary cluster of micro calcification measuring approximately .8cm in the lower out quadrant of the left breast. PE , including breast exam is normal. Which of the following is the most important initial step?
a. determine if she is taking estrogen
b. inquire regarding family history of breast cancer
c. Obtain CXR
d. Order stereotactic core biopsy
e. Order US of the breast

2. 52 year old teacher returns to the office for a periodic health evaluation. Three years ago, you diagnose menopause and discuss estrogen replacement therapy with the patint. She declined therapy and said “ I prefer more natural approach. Ill deal with menopause when i need to. her last menstrual period occurred when she was age49. Today she says that she has begun using dong quay pills and vit E supplements, and has increase her intake of soy protein in an attempt to reduce menopausal symptoms. Within 3 months of beginning this regimen she's says ‘ I began to feel like my old self again and haven’t had any more of those hot flashes and had started after my periods stopped. Why i even have a period every 2 to 3 months now. The patient is 160cm and weight 104 BMI 18. Vital signed are normal. Pelvic examination discloses pink vagina mucosa with normal rugae. The cervic is normal the uterus is small and non tender.Pap smear and cholesterol are pending. At this time which of the following the most appropriate conclusion regarding this patient?
She has prolactin secreting tumor
she has a source of unopposed estrogen
she has adequate estrogen levels to proven osteoporosis
she has developed endometrial carcinoma
she is not postmenopasual

3. An 81 year old man comes to the office with his son of 2 months after dx of adenocarcinoma. The pt has been losing weight since being dx. at this visit his son tells you that the pt gathered his family and told them all that he did not want further eval or tx of the cancer , and he never wanted to returen to the hospital under any circumstance. “ just take care of me at home as best you can” He told the family. 3 days late the son calls u because they found the pt unresponsive but breathing. He is not sure what to do. You suspect Stroke. What do you respond?
are you sure he meant what he said about not going back to the hospital
are u prepared to cont caring for him at home now
ill arrange for admission to chronic care
tell me about his condition so i can decide whether he should go to the hospital
you must take him to the hospital call 911 NOW

4. The breast question with the scales
bilateral breast US
KOH scrape for yeast
Punch biopsy of the nipple
repeat mamma

5. 31 year old bodybuilder comes to the office because of frequent headaches for the past 8 weeks . He tells you that the heads aches extend from his temples to the back of his head. The patient is 183 cm 6 ft and weights 88kg 195lb . BMI27. VS now are temp 98.4 pulse 88 respirations 14 BP 190.105. PE normal. In addition to obtaining a social history and information about alcohol use it is most important to obtain information regarding which of the following?

a. intake of creatine
b. his intake of vitamin supplements
c. smoke history WRONG
d. training routine
e. anabolic steriods

6. 63 year old white woman comes to the office because of a worsening cough during the past 2 months that has become productive of white sputum during the past week. She says " it started off as an irritating dry cough that would occur randomly and un expectedly throughout the day. Last week I started coughing up whitish phlegm and now during the past few days it has contained flecks of blood. she denies chills fever and sweats and SOB. blah blah lol and PHOTO

which of the following is the best indication for antibiotic therapy in this pt.

a. CXR findings
b. Enlarged lymph node
c. history of sweats
d. white sputum with blood
e. no antibiotic therapy indicated.
Q13)

A) Osteoporosis
Thyroid disease, risk for OP
NBME cert!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »