Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@sarahmle - cardio69
Please what is the answer cardio? what am i missing? i have read the question over and over......
Same here mistake.. Sad
@sarahmle checkout p 94 FA
Right uzairtariq.. FA shows inc serum homocysteine n serum methylmalonic. Ok lets wait fr cardios reply.
Nice discussion *D* correct.

A 18y/o who want to apply for acting in extra in Hollywood movie recently decided to adopt a healthier diet and eat more vegetables & fruits. As result, pat K intake INC 80 -> 160 mmol/day. Which of the following conditions would you expect to find 14 days after she INC her k intake, compared with before the INC?
-------------Plasma K conc /----plasma aldosterone conc-------/Na exertion rate-------/K excretion rate

a)Larger INC (greater than 1 nmol/L)-----↔------------------------------↑------------------------↑2x
b)Larger INC (greater than 1 nmol/L)-----↓-------------------------------↑------------------------↑2x
c)Small INC (less than 1 nmol/L)----------↑-------------------------------↔-----------------------↑2x
d)Small INC (less than 1 nmol/L)----------↑-------------------------------↓-------------------------↔
e)Larger INC (greater than 1 nmol/L)-----↑-------------------------------↔------------------------↔

B?? Sad
sarah can u explain?
"C"
aldosterone controls "K" levels too , so an increase in potassium will lead to an inc in the aldosterone which is going to excrete K and retain sodium and water , but the fluid retention will lead to inc ANP causing sodium escape so it will remain the same.

plz post the right answer
thank you.
I'll go with C. Smaller increases in serum potassium (less than 1nmol/l) usually cause about a triple increase in aldosterone and aldosterone plays an essential role in regulating the elimination of K in the distal renal tubules. sodium is retained (transported back into the blood) and K is secreted into the tubular filtrate for excretion in the urine
Ok guys thanks.. lets listen 2 cardios reply n explanation too..

I keep frgettin physio.. I wish theres a magic where I can never frget physio concepts lol
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »