Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@sarahmle - cardio69
Yes prolonged QT is there.
Blocks delaayed rectifier k channel ion
yes methadone make prolongation of QT
PerfectoSmile
_________________________________________________________________________________

A 43 y/o M heroin addict has been unable to successfully maintain recovery despite participation in many sobriety centered treatments. He is functioning well occupationally and socially and lives with his wife and 3 young children. He fears that it is only a matter of time before he is arrested for heroin possession, develops medical complications associated with impure heroin, or wastes all his money on drugs. There are no methadone maintenance clinics in his area. Drug interventions would be the most reasonable next step?

a)Buprenorphine
b)Bupropion
c)Codeine
d)Disulfiram
e)Naltrexone
f)Acamprosate
AA?
please explain the correct answer
@saqib i dono either. thats my answer. lets wait till cardio gives his ans Smile
hav a nice day
Im between "buprenorphine" and "naltrexone." most likely i will go with A though. Will wait for the explanation from cardio
Hello, i'm new to the forum. Writing my step 1 in 12 weeks. i have been following cardio's questions and sarahmle's answers, and they have been so challenging. i really like it. i need such challenges. i will go with F because cardio mentioned earlier that Acamprosate will be a good substitute for methadone (FA). Now this man has no methadone maintainance clinics in his area. Plus also the fact that a side effect of methadone is prolonged QT interval. Please i'm really welcome to blasts and corrections if i make any blunders! i really WANT TO LEARN as much as possible! Thanks!
cardio... hello
we r all waiting fr ur answer. Smile
thanq
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »