Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@sarahmle - cardio69
Hello Sarah! hope you doing well, sorry for late reply. YOU should cover for me YOU GOT ITSmile

Ans *A*Buprenorphine partial agonist mu R and that make it good adv OD not possible either SL/Or parenterally ( most comb w naloxone ) use ALONE or combo w naltrexone for PREVENTION of relapse in heroin detox.

@mistakeproofdoc, Welcome to forum. Hope you not like one of those member just come for few days and then give up bz the q are challenging or like some member here ego get to them. Acamprosate as I dissected pre pg is has efficacy in preventing alcohol relapse. And please try to ans Q 72 sec from posted.
lol thanq cardio.

Welcome sarah
____________________________________________________________________________________

A 29 y/o M IMG who pass all steps, presents to for diaphoresis, HTN, agitation, tremor and tachycardia. His immortal beloved girlfriend stated that the pat recently post his job and is in financial difficulty and got to pick today after apply ERSA in which site crash today for application admission. What drug was this pat likely using that he has now discontinued?

a)Cocaine
b)Heroin
c)Ketamine
d)GHB
e)Dextromethorphan
D?
@alicia DXM/ dextromethorphan "withdrawal symp if any" would mostly resemble?

a)Cocaine
b)Heroin
c)Ketamine
d)GHB
B, Heroine Smile
PerfectSmile alicia

Now http://i.imgur.com/GSjdAQH.png?1 why GHB ?
well I was thinking that agitation and tachycardia will only be caused by withdrawal symptoms of depressants. the only depressants on the list are GHB, heroine and dextromethorphan. Heroine and dextromethorphan are opioids so their withdrawal effects will also lead to the patient yawning, and diarrhea. So the only one left is GHB. To be honest I dont know a lot about GHB other than its a depressant and used as a date rape drug. Can you please explain to me how it works? whats the mechanism of action of the drug?
nice alicia in real exam if you dont something u can play game of elimination

RT is GHB is correct for 29 y/o IMG

Pat scenario withdrawal synd. GHB?Gamma HydroxyButyric acid/met o by GABAb, but real function endogenous agent not very clear. It is potent sedative/in 60’s use as anesthetic bz of narrow safety is not available in U.S but u may want to know commonly used by “bodybuilders” bz of its relation to GH in slow wave sleep release. Withdrawal results very alarming -> Seizures/sympathomimetic symp.
( http://books.google.com/books?id=eoOOAwA...ne&f=false ) im sure Goli would mention it if he ever goes back to teach review courses.

Cocaine/withdrawal asso w somnolence & irritability and.

Heroin withdrawal asso GI distress, body aches, yawning, piloerection ….

Ketamine no specific withdrawal syndro u need to by worry for q.
thanks cardio!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »