Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My step 1 score is 245; Few things to share.... - samirazn
Hello everyone
Thank you all for your support during this journey Smile.
I am an old IMG & had to struggle a lot to make it. On this mid July I had operation for my bilateral ovarian cysts & then I sat for the exam on 23rd september. If I can make it, you also can make it.

First of all, I want to talk about study material. Hope that you will find it beneficial also. I wasted a lot of time on different books & on Internet to explore everything. To pass the exam you have to use time & appropriate resources rationally.First aid contains almost everything. You don't need to waste time on net searching.

I had 38qs from behavioral science & biostatistics epodemiology. My score report shows that I have border line performance in these 2 but all other are fin. I always had problem with these 2 topics because kaplan lacks understanding of statistics and epidemiology. For this reason, I read high yield biostatistics & after that statistic & epidemiology were really Easy. For decision making & ethical issue , I read medical ethics by Conrad fisher
Another thing I read both Goljan & pathoma. You can pick just 1. I love pathoma.

Don't waste much time on kaplan. Because what you need to memorize, you have to do that from First Aid. Read & understand every line of first aid.
Solve Uworld atleast 2 times & First aid @times.

All the very best to all of you for your exam.
Thankyou .That is so generous of you .
thank u.. did u do fred ques???are they absolutely reqd to b done before exam? wat abt anatomy? n images esp radio? n congrats... thats such a boost... i hv bot of cold,n i m feeling so low in energy.. n reading ur post now..

wow.. kudos...
Congratulation!!! How long you take for preparation for step 1? Could you share pathoma with me? thanks. Skype Doctor-happy
good job, Congrats
wow! thats an awesome score . GL for the next journey Smile
thnx fr sharing
Well done!! Congratulations!
Thanks for sharing your experience!
: )
singthesong... no I didn't solve Fred qs. For the anatomy & images, UWORLD q bank is good along with kaplan & First Aid. During your first aid reading if you Don't understand something & also if that is not in kaplan/Uworld then you can search that in net. For the anatomy the aforementioned 3 comes together.

disciplineddoctor....I took a bit more time as I said I was sick. But if you stay positive & physically fine you can do it in 9/10 months or even in 6 months depending on how much labor you are putting in. My Skype add is samira.zannat. Add me Smile

how long did you prepare? how many was anatomy questions? and what kind?

Congratulations and wish you all the best!!!!

Smile)))
@samirazn congratzz for ur great result..have u gone through all the goljan pathology slides or those high yield goljan notes??did u study any other book like high yield neuroanatomy for neuroanatomy??thanks..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »