Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observership / Research Jobs -
woo

Does any one know how to apply for Observership/Research positons at the local hospital/ med. Institute.

Do hospitals post these postions on their web sites.
jazz

yeah they do. search for 'post doc fellowship' or 'research projects'
Jetley

try calling the hospitals get the numbers for research dept ......
Yamini

I did an observership. You can find it on web sites and stuff, but the best way to get one is to find a local teaching hospital which has a residency program and then go pay the internal med residency program secratary a visit. Dress up well, polish your English, tell them you want to get into their program and want US clinical experience and would they be able to take you as an observer. You will miss a whole bunch of targets, but finally one of them will take you. I specifically asked if they had an observership for IMG's to get oriented to before joining residency and then if I would be allowed to observe in it. It got me in.
pg

To Yamini,
Great job finding an observership. Can you tell us the hospital you are doing the observership at? I have also tried calling up the secretaries, but nobody has responded positively so far.
doc_mishel - aquarius216@mailcity.com

to yamini
what state did you apply in? you have an email address? i'm interested in doing observership... is there money involved or this is totally just for experience purposes?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »