Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Till December... - graymatter1
So I decided to have a thread to keep myself motivated and I guess a better way to review. I'd post each day what I've done till December or till I take my exam. Just an average student so will try to post anyway, may include explanation of entire system or may not. Anyone is allowed to join in. I'm just extremely burned out, have delayed exams so many times, but I am NOT going to let this year pass by without taking this exam!

10/21/2014

So far,
-Completed Kaplan notes,
-1st & somewhat 2nd read of F.A.
-Never gone over Reproductive System and Microbiology's Pharm.
-UWorld - only system wise and that too 25%

From 10/19/2014-11/02/2014- Goal was to Complete CVS, CNS, GIT, ENDO, and on the side daily Micro for 2-3 hours

In reality: Third day of CVS: watched fast-paced KN for physio, and doing path...tomorrow's the last day for cvs
haven't started on micro. Ugh, 70+ pages and still 12 days to go till 11/02/2014. I can still do it!

Today pretty much wasted a day pondering upon if I will be able to even take the exam and pass or not, ah, just an ongoing struggle each day.

So plan was to watch Pathoma fast-paced: Chapter 7 & 8. Memorize them, know them inside out!

Done chapter 7 -
Vasculitis, Large, Medium and Small-vessels: checked everything from first aid, read over there too
Arteriosclerosis, did that and went over first aid to see missing points
Did Aortic Dissection and two aneurysms : Thoracic and Abdominal
HTN: Benign and Malignant - however, F.A '14 points out it's either Essential: 90% most common and Malignant 10%, In addition to that, Hypertension Crisis is mentioned in F.A., pathoma doesn't go over it.

HTN crisis: 1) Hypertensive Urgency, where increase in bp w/mild to moderate sx(headache, chest pain, etc.) w/o organ damage
2) Hypertensive Emergency, where increase in bp w/signs or sx of impending end-organ damage.

Then did vascular tumors: Hemangioma, angiosarcoma, and Kaposi (being the most important one)!

Still Chapter 8 to do - I can do it!

Please call BEST USMLE TUTOR at 8034935573 and Schedule a Free personalized Step 1 Study Plan Online Guidance Session that will work best for you!

If you're taking Step 1 after one or more failed attempts, personalized Step 1 Review Sessions are available. Most repeat attempt Step 1 Students are able to improve by 30-50 points on their next attempt. Please visit BEST USMLE TUTOR online to read our Step 1 Student Reviews. Please feel free to call us in case you need more information or would like to talk to our previously successful Step 1 Students! 

BEST USMLE TUTOR is the MOST High Yield and Most Effective way to prepare for USMLE Step 1. 

Thank you for your call!!!!
Good Luck with Step 1......
Did you take an NBME before starting studying for it? What was it? All advisors say it's very important you take one before you start studying so you know where to focus more.
Yes, freshmind1, thank you. I am working on 'em.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »