Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a random q on my mind ... :) - determined.
Just a random q on my mind since I have no outside world contact with friends besides this platform. lol...

If you ever go to Clinic/hospital for a checkup, do you tell them you're a medical student?

I personally don't like to tell them any more since I feel it interferes with treatment. The doctors might instead start asking me question to check how smart I am or how much I know while I'm still learning. This actually happened as the doctor started asking me about thyroid levels and thank God I knew the answers. lol... But still I felt bad that they were focusing more on checking my knowledge level than about my health.

But if I don't tell them and they later find out..then who cares... right? umm... they might consider me a liar then.. lol..

What do you guys say?

Other thing, at this point, I don't consider myself a doctor. I tell people around me that I will be a doctor when I finish my residency. So, don't call me a doctor. I feel bad. I'm not one yet, just a student who has a lot to learn. lol...
haha - I feel you.
Personally even I don't like going around telling people that am "a Doc" - yeah I guess it's the shear honesty about my capability or the lack of it or the fact we personally don't feel as qualified - especially these days . But God! Do my parents pressurize me to? ALL THE TIME! Whenever I take them to a Doc or for check up they want me to introduce myself as doctor so and so - they feel that it kinda "changes" the whole perspective - or least hurry us up inside the doctor's room.
Ok I get that - but literally to every moving nurse or health personal on the floor - It's embarrassing - and if I don't give in then they 'd do the honors for me. I remember we were waiting for a very busy Doc in a hospital waiting room full of patients and nurses and co-ordinators when a "WHEELCHAIR GUY" came to me to chat a little about the waiting time and my Dad literally screamed on top of his voice - "SHE IS A DOCTOR - SHE WILL BE DOING HER MD NOW." Every single person in the room turned around to have a good look - I literally hid myself behind Mom (which I later realized was silly - coz heck I am a doctor - whatever!). But Anyway - Ah cant wait for that day when I ll actually introduce myself - not just as a doctor - but as a qualified Pediatrician Smile
LOOL... " my Dad literally screamed on top of his voice - "SHE IS A DOCTOR - SHE WILL BE DOING HER MD NOW." Every single person in the room turned around to have a good look - I literally hid myself behind Mom"

That's so funny to me cuz my mom does the same. My mom was doing that everywhere I was going with her. It was soo embarrassing, especially at the grocery store. I finally told her don't even mention that I'm a med student or I will never go with her, I just don't like that attention right now. lol. So, now she doesn't do it in front of me she does it behind my back. lol...
@determined ... ur post made me smile.. these things happen in everyones life Smile
Ah i miss my parents now..

@wish : true,soo true. n my mom thinks if u let the doc know tat ur a med student,they dont do extra unnecessary tests n waste a lot of her blood lol ... even tho i keep telling her,let them do ,they r trying 2 rule out something. hahhaaha
btw u shud watch Zaid Ali youtube vids,they r so funny.

anyway happy studying guys Wink
i know what you guys are saying and true talk, our parents always do us the honor even when we dont want to but i personally dont tell them am one except when i know that what is being done to me is wrong lol
lol----sarahmle - "if u let the doc know tat ur a med student,they dont do extra unnecessary tests n waste a lot of her blood lol" ...

------------

lol..".medexbug- except when i know that what is being done to me is wrong lol"

that's like being undercover cop. lol...

I actually did that and told the nurse at the end that I'm a med student and she freaked out when I was asking to speak with the doctor. She never let me speak with the doc. lool... No joke.
-------------

I think we should have a thread where we post our funny experiences so we can lighten up the mood here and lessen the stress while we study. You guys made me laugh out loud and my bro asked if I'm ok in the room? lool...

True... im alrdy feeling claustrophobic Sad(
no imay waste my time even more on forum
@determined not sure about that - but this post definitely lightened me up.
@sarahmle yeah watched couple of his vids - hehe
Hey all, this was really a nice relaxing post for me after my day long struggle with FA
We should keep posting these sorts of stuff so that we all can get few min relaxing breaks😊
Thanks all for this 10 min break
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »