Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSA cases help -
Roopa

Hi,

I want to take CSA in November. Anyone who have taken the exam, please guide me... how to prepare... what type of cases they give...

Thanks in advance.
Kate

Roopa,

I found the following book very helpful. You can buy it from www.amazon.com for $39.95. In fact, it is the only review book I used for the CSA.

Mastering the OSCE/CSA by Jo-Ann Reteguiz and Beverly Cornel-Avendano, published in 1999 by McGraw-Hill. The ISBN number is 0071350128.

Best of Luck with your CSA!
Roopa

Thanks Kate!!!

Did you give CSA? Can you please tell me some tips.

Thanks.
Kate

Roopa,

The following are just suggestions -

1. Review your history taking well. During the CSA, take a focused history on the system related to the presenting complaint (e.g., abdominal pain - make sure you ask questions pertaining to the GIT system and GU as well). You will have approximately 15 minutes with the patients and then 10 minutes to write the history, physical exam findings, differential diagnosis (should be at least five), and investigations. You may want to practice taking a history with someone.

2. Physical examination - I'm sure you are already confident with your clinical acumen. Just remember to stay focused with the presenting complaint(s) in the exam and focus on the system(s) involved.

3. Cases - are general clinical cases that you would see in a GPs office or in an urgent care setting. I could only remember the following: diffuse stomach pain, cough (community acquired pneumonia), cough (possibly sarcoidosis), angina, dementia, carpal tunnel syndrome, epigastric pain, headache, fatigue, depression, and paediatrics case - mother only (no child) stating that her child has fever. The Mastering OSCE/CSA book by Reteguiz and Avendano covers all of these cases and suggests how to deal with these cases. I cannot over-emphasize how much that book helped me.

Best of Luck with your studies and with the CSA!
Roopa

Thank you very much Kate!!!
venkat - venkat_bujji

Hellow ,

this is venkat who took csa in Dec second week.I would like to share my feelings about match and csa results.If you have interest give me your phone number.My phone number is 6307284301
thanking you
Kate

Venkat,

You can e-mail me at studentdr1999

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »