Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Someone share IV experience at the following!! - balorena
Hello, If someone has interviewed at Montefiore wakefield campus, Bronx or Wright Center for GME Scranton PA please share your experience.

Regards and good luck.
IVd at wright center for GME when I went through the match last year

honestly, not the best program from what I found out prior to the IV, solidified at the IV and after the IV from friends who are residents there:
- first of all.. residents are over worked,, and when I state over worked, i mean extensively no joking (this coming directly from pgy 2 and 3s).
- secondly: you rotate through about 8 or 9 hospitals just for IM in the greater scranton area .. two of them being 25 miles or so away in opposite directions from the main hospital (Geisinger) --- and here's another gem... you know how every residency program nowadays uses EMR .. of the hospital you rotate through Wright GME for IM .. each one of them uses a different EMR system..so you have that mess to deal with .. way to have unity!
- thirdly: an important factor to consider... Scranton sucks balls when it comes to living .. ever want to experience Montana on the east coast? go there. The town is legit in the center of a valley with nothing but 3 or 4 major hospitals within a 25 mile area and under-served population in the area around them. There is a small town life .. not the greatest place I'd want to train at for 3 years or more.

anyways.. the IV:
- 1st of all : good luck if you can even meet the IM program director.. most of the time she is never around (Linda Thomas) ... even if you ask for meeting her at the end of your IV.. she is unavailable as most have mentioned (friends of mine who also IV'd there last season).
- 2nd: The main IV is taken by the associate program director... who goes over your CV and basically asks who you know at the program and how did you get an IV here. Like thanks a lot for not looking over my credentials di*k.
- 3rd: There is a 2nd IV during the day with a pannel ... 3 people sit in front of you and ask 5 or 6 standardized questions.. and guys.. these f*ckers time your responses. (or at least they did last season).
-- eg: I got a question to explain how I would handle a conflicting situation (never provided a scenario, so had to make one up and then handle it) .. and they said before I started my answer, I had 5 minutes to explain. .. another example: 5 minutes to present a case ... so know your stuff and be prepared (or at least practice timing)

and an insider tip: one of the main recruiters is Punjabi .. yet he hates applicants that are Indian .. so if you are Indian, even if you are a gold star applicant, your chances are shot because of his discrimination which I honestly think is f*cked up to the 10th level. Of the residents i know there, most of them are Punjabi or have serious connections that got them into that program but are being worked like slaves.. honestly.

Hey doctam3 by any chance do you have an idea about Mount Sinai va Bronx hospital interview in NY? I have an interview tomorrow which is my only IM IV so far. Thanks.
I have to cancel my IV at wright center because I allready prematched but I liked them for 1 reason: of all the 8 IVs I have, they were the only one that provided hotel & transportation! I was floored by that gesture
so you picked a program that will be responsible for at least the next 3 years of your life and your career down the road.. based on the one night accomodation they gave ? either you're an attention ***** or total bs .. which is it?
sorry, dont know about mt. sinai or bronx
@doctam3
1st & foremost, it's obvious that you are grossly deficient in English.
2ndly, you are the most stupid ignorant narcissistic idiot I have ever seen around here. I wonder how your colleagues cope with you!
Talk about attention seeking, you know you feed off it. It fuels your degenerate ego. Come June 24th, I will be starting residency & will devout my time doing it but you claim to be in some programs but can't leave usmle forum behind simply because of your attention seeking disorder.
Grow up f.ol
Well said arrowmates.
This doctam of a guy is sooo arrogant & full of himself. Like you rightly said, he is nothing but an obnoxious SOB.
doctam3 is really an arrogant. Well said arrowmates.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »