Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do NOT believe PDs - canada1
With the iv season on, some may feel that their iv went very well & the PDs offered them the moon, so their chances for matching in the Programme are very high.

DO NOT GET TAKEN IN by what they say - believe it only if you see it in writing.

Everyone will be nice to you cause they want you to rank them high on your ROL, cause they don't want to SOAP either.

When you prepare your ROL, go with the Programmes that you really liked rather than with which PD said they will rank you high/they would like to have you in their team/ask you to come for a 2nd look/surprised that you did not match earlier/give you their direct numbers to ask any questions etc
Tru Dat!!!

Personal experience:

I had traded a few emails since my interview last year with the a program' PD who almost assured me that they will rank me higher even to the point of asking me explicitly to rank the program the highest on my ROL but I never got matched last year and due to this PD' positive response to me that was so reassuring that I being the dumbo I withdraw from an interview with a different program since I was made so assured to get a spot with that PD' program.

That is very unethical on the part of PD' who play these mind games and being in the medical profession where ethics is eveything I am very surprised when PD' are deceptive.
very true i had the same experience the last 2 years but i also say, even if they put it in writing, dont believe it (unless its a prematch of course). simply rank based on preference, dont cancel interviews based on what some PDs say, and take what they say with a grain of salt
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »