Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
huge gap - dhusor2012
Dear all I need a sincere advice.... How bad is the 6-7 years gap in cv? What are the ways to overcome those gaps?
What did you do in those 6-7 years?
nothing related to medical field...took step 1 but passed with extremely low score
Is your YOG 7 years also?
no more than 10 yrs...guys Im really going through a tough situation ...I did residency in my home country 6 yrs back. After coming USA I could not do anything...got low score.So now I wanna know what will be best for me...
Did you take the other steps? Or just step 1 so far?
You can retake the exam, but make sure that you studied hard and try to go for the highest possible in order to get descent sores. In the meantime, look for some medical related profession with hands on clinical experience. Just my suggestions. I am currently in PA school, graduated from medical scool 19 years, but after a year I am ready to retake those steps. The first I took in 2007, passed with low grades. Couldn't make CS. This time, I will retake the exam only if I know that I will do it!
Thanks @ tollashimales! I thing PA is very long duration program...What about some short durated program like sonography or resp therapy? I took only step 1 that is 2 years back.
@tollashimeles.... What you can retake step exam to score higher? Is it allowed? I mean once u pass you can't retakke!!! That's whay I know... People plz giv suggestion
tom88,
Actually, I was referring to the 7 year cut point. I think on the 2014 USMLE website, it is stated that one can retake the steps that has been passed provided: See the ELIGIBLITY on page 8 and whether you can retake or not or call ECFMG if there is ambiguity about the elegiblity!

http://www.usmle.org/pdfs/bulletin/2014bulletin.pdf
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »