Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice @sweety @shigatox - jus
Hi guys, i started preparing for step 2ck. I'm a new mom and can study only 5 hrs a day. I need to give exam within july due to some personal reason. I'm planning on studying only usmle world.
Need advice if that would be sufficient for a decent score.
thanks in advance
that would be sufficient only if u have ur concepts clear or else u can just finish kaplan lecture notes once and then do uworld
hey thr
i m a mom too studying for 4 hrs a day. wanna do it together?
whats ur skype id?
hi Stranger016 , thanks for reply. to finish kaplan notes it takes atleast 2-3 mon with time i have left with 2 mon old baby. so cant afford to do that.
hi mytime81, thanks for invitation i dont have skype . if possible we could keep each other motivated by posting what we have read each day in this forum.
please let me know if we could post what we studied each day. i'm doing uw. 10-15 bits a day with explanations. started with peds.
But I still suggest u do Kaplan once don't rush straight away to uworld because Kaplan forms the base on which uworld builds up ur knowledge....I know it would be difficult for u to study but trying to do things quickly and then if u end up nowhere that would hurt u more ...good luck though
sure will consider your advice. Thanks a lot. All the best
np jus...sure i would love to keep track over here.
im starting with UW too...will try to do a block on hem onc
see u later pal
@jus: everyone is different. Everyone's brain function is different. I don't know how much strong is your ck knowledge? Its not only how good are you with med, sur, on/gyn etc but how well are you dissecting the question. These two are completely two different entities. So if you are good with the subjects and questuon dissecting is not a problem for you 5hr/day and by July you should have no problem. The base knowledge is important. Now, you said decent score. What's your definition of decent score?
I know having a kid and to study and on top of that getting a nice score is difficult proceeds. Kudos to you just even for starting the journey.

How much are you getting % wise in UW? That also gives you an idea whether you need to go back to the books or not (depending on how strong is your book knowledge). You also might consider giving couple of nbmes which will also provide you with some idea of your knowledge and question dissecyion ability. I won't say that 5hr/day till July is not doable. As I said earlier everyone is diffenrent. There might be people who can pull this thing off easily but for majority this is next to impossible.

I am not disheartening you but just saying if you can keep your options open. If everything went well, everyone's happy of something didn't go well and results are not what you wished for then that might have a consequence later while applying.

You know better than us. Keep your options open (if you can). Take each step very carefully.

All the very best!!
thanks sweety . decent score means- around 235-240. my step 1 - 245. uw- avg is 60 %. Have no other choice. Its a do or die situation. If cant give by Aug max, cannot give exam forever. So taking this step.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »